Can you request which Battalion to go to?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

VIPER--00
Ranger

Re: Can you request which Battalion to go to?

Post by VIPER--00 »

If you worked for me I would not let you live off of post as a Single Ranger Private.

I would make a couple Tabs check on you a couple times a day to make sure you were sleeping in your barracks room.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

VIPER--00 wrote:If you worked for me I would not let you live off of post as a Single Ranger Private.

I would make a couple Tabs check on you a couple times a day to make sure you were sleeping in your barracks room.
This was SOP way back when. I don't remember if was actually on paper or just an unwritten rule.

Only if you got married or tabbed could you even think about moving from the barracks. Besides that, you weren't ready to leave the nest yet, far too many temptations out there for young men to ruin themselves on. Sounds kind of silly, but it's done out of concern for you by your leadership to protect you and help you grow and mature as a soldier as opposed to letting you run wild the first time out in the world on your own and step on your dick hard enough to get DX'd or cause public embarrassment to your Battalion with the locals.

Barracks life is a fucking hoot, it should be experienced by all, otherwise you'll miss all the fun growing up. :twisted:
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

It was standing rule in Division too. Single lower enlisted equals barracks. When I was made a team leader I got my own room, but stayed in the barracks.

The barracks were awesome though, always something to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”