taking the ASVAB tomorrow

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Narrow Gauge RR
Tadpole

Post by Narrow Gauge RR »

Roger that Ranger DocDaigle. I'm looking forward to it also...I know he's gonna smoke the hell out of me but I will face any challenge to become a Ranger.
...I turned down their dope. And I turned down their stupid trends. And the hippies always hated me, because they were preaching peace and love and I was loading a .44 magnum.
Ted Nugent

What's a fart? A turd honking for right of way.
Narrow Gauge RR
Tadpole

SFC Hit_it....I took the ASVAB tonight and got a 64percent AFQT score.
...I turned down their dope. And I turned down their stupid trends. And the hippies always hated me, because they were preaching peace and love and I was loading a .44 magnum.
Ted Nugent

Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Its been a while since I took that test so I don't know just how good of a score that it is but I'm sure its a pretty good one.....so I wanted to tell you GOOD JOB FOR DOING YOUR BEST, and Keep up the good work young man!

You'll get there!!! 8)
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Narrow Gauge RR
Tadpole

Thank you Ranger BeadleBug. I think it's pretty good....31 percent is the minimum for enlistment. I could have done better if I'd studied more for the math sections. I haven't had any math classes in years and have gotten so used to calculators that I honestly was having a hard time even multiplying and dividing. I should find out my line scores today so if my GT score isn't high enough for Ranger's I'll take it againa nd study this time.
Ted Nugent

hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

good job. keep us informed.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Narrow Gauge RR
Tadpole

SFC Hit_it I just talked with the recruiter and I scored a 69 on the ASVAB and got a 110 GT :shock: hell yeah!!!!!!!!
Ted Nugent

hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

it's all on you now, young paduan.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Narrow Gauge RR
Tadpole

I won't let you down SFC Hit_it.
Ted Nugent

Roasting
Soldier

Post by Roasting »

Narrow Gauge RR wrote:I could have done better if I'd studied more for the math sections.
So why didn't you?

When I took the practice test on my recruiters laptop I scored a 75. I decided that just was not good enough so I checked out an ASVAB study guide from the library. Spent a couple hours a night for the next week going over the different sections and ended up getting an 88 on the real thing.

Don't take this as me chastising you, I want all of my fellow DEPs to do their best.
penetra le tenebre
Narrow Gauge RR
Tadpole

I knew I would get a high enough score so I pt'd instead of studied. If I didn't score high enough I would know what to study, also so I wouldn't be wasting my time studying for some shit that i already could ace.
Ted Nugent

SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

I just took the ASVAB this morning. It was a written version so I just got a preliminary score, which was a 90. SFC Hit_it, how long does it usually take to get the actual scores? Also, I took it at the National Guard armory in Poughkeepsie, so will my scores be sent to them, or my local Army recruiter?
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

72 hours

scores will be sent to the recruiter.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg

Return to “Recruitment Process”