PHR Status Check

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Ran in Army issue boots also. Don't remember any torn ligaments, only a few guys pukeing. But we ran EVERYWHERE. If you were outdoors and moveing, you were running (or pushing).
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Forget about everything physical you have done in your life.

Your body will twisted, turned, rolled, bent, beat, smacked, contorted, pulled, pushed in ways that you wouldn't have thought possible.

I know I set myself up, with this little tidbit.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

One time an amazing thing happened in the mountains in RVN on a mission. While crossing a craggy part where large boulder were exposed, my ankle turned and I lost my footing. I did a circle and a half fall, that is a 360 degree flip and a additional 180 degrees on top of that one in one motion. Luckily I landed on my back and my ruck broke my fall and protected my head. Yep, sprained ankle but nothing else. I just got back to my feet and continued on. :lol: Oh yeah, I thanked God for watching over me.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

PaleHorseRider wrote:They gave me a 2 week profile and i have to go to an appeals board in front of the SGM this friday, dont know what will happen, but there is a good chance i might be med dropped because i've been here so long. again sorry for the delay Rangers.
What is the latest PHR? What are the results of the appeals board?
Tool175

Post by Tool175 »

I'm not even gonna comment on PHR, enough has been said. Spartan I wnat to see the full pic that devilrat35 has, look at those big funbags. Bell is right expect to blow out an ankle or two. Did mine on a jump onto The Rock DZ at Hunter. Came thru the trees and my left foot got caught in a fork in one of the branches. Next thing I know I'm hanging upside down looking at the bottom of my jungle boot, opf course after I moved my ruck out of my face. Then kicked my foot out of the branch and fell the last 20 ft to the ground. What really sucked is I had to go to pre-rgr two weeks later. God I miss those days.
The Tool, RLTW!!!
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Check PMs
Apollyon

Post by Apollyon »

I hope the monkey returns. I can't believe I missed this party
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Don't know this shitbag kid,

But let me be the first to tell you that what happend to him isn't exactly rare. My ankle was so torn up from a rock I stepped on during a stresshoot that I was actually not able to go to preranger for the next 8 months. It just kept getting reinjured.

Don't think I am saying that we are in the same boat buddy, but what happend to you is something shitty. What you make out of it now will show your determination. Maybe you will get axed, maybe you won't.

I guarantee you that if you had positively impressed the guys here, there is this thing called the Old Boy Network, and that CSM might have just received a call from someone on here saying how good of a guy you are.

But you seem to be a total fuckhead, so I guess you are gonna have fun in the land of legs where you can tell the stories of how much you got screwed. Have a very leggish day.
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Post by PaleHorseRider »

I'm pretty sure the reason i've been able to stay so long is because of the old boy network, it took alot of work, but i got in the good graces of the ops Sgts, by not being a shitbag and doing what i was supposed to do. but the fact that next month will be the 6th month ive been in Airborne school, and i'd have to do all 3 weeks over again, that compounded with the fact that the doctor says that he's, in addition to everything else, he's worried that the stress fracture in my hip never fully healed, and it'd be at least another month and a half before i could go back to training because he'd have to put me on some sort of progressive running program or something. the appeals board is tomorrow, but the ops Sgt has already told me taht im basically gonna be med dropped. i plan on coming back and finishing jump school ASAP and finding a way to get into Ranger school in the future, im wont give up, because this is honestly something i really want. thanks to all Rangers who have given me advice and everything on this board, i'll post the results of the appeals board tomorrow, as well as where im gonna get stationed after i get sent to HHC.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”