BN Smokings..

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

BN Smokings..

Post by blueskiesalways »

After RIP Graduation my son was assigned to the 1-BN...like most new grad's he thought he was pretty hot sh--. BN was a rude awakening for him..LOL...Life appeared to be one big "smoke fest" at his( and all new grad's) expense...He never complaines much, but I knew it wore him down at times. After his stint in the sandbox I thought it would improve. NOT!!!...I believe today (14th) is his last day of the Florida phase...SWEEEEET!!!...(Fingers STILL crossed)
My question is, after RS Graduation does BN life improve?...I believe the "smoking" was one of the great motivator's that has got him through RS...He was sick of that Sh--
IS HE IN FOR ANOTHER RUDE AWAKENING????
:shock:
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

When he gets his Tab, the smokings will be replaced with responsibilities. He has not necessarily done his last disciplinary pushup, by no means. But the "catch me fuck me games" if you will are gone, as he has proven himself to be a competent Ranger and a competent leader. Now, it will be up to him to carry the banner, assume the role of being the backbone of the Regiment - the Ranger who always leads by example, train and teach the privates everything he has learned, and assume responsibility for their successes and failures. He will be given what many call one of the toughest jobs in the military - the team leader.

His life will improve, but in many way it will be harder.

Congradulate your boy for us, and tell him to get his ass over here and post an intro.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Post by blueskiesalways »

Thank you Ranger Creeping Death,
Your response was very insitefull....
I'll pass on the congrats to him.. He cleared Florida yesterday...YEAH!!!...I'll try and get him signed on here. However, time is in short supply and laptops are not THAT light yet....
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Mom,
I am going to try and make it to Graduation friday...If you would like me to send a hello, PM me and I'll do my best
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

they smoke you when you get to Battalion? :o
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS