Introducing myself-Matt

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

mattwoff
Future Soldier / Opt40

Introducing myself-Matt

Post by mattwoff »

Hello everyone,

My name is matt. I graduated high-school in 2010 with complete content to join the army. Actually my best friend and I made this decision close to about ten years ago. Wow that seems like a long time to me haha. Anyways I got into a bad accident april of last year and that kind of put my plans on hold. Though now I am happy to say I'm back on track and I ship off for boot on January 3rd. One month after my 21st birthday. So much for going out and having a crazy 21st haha. My contract is 11x option 40 and my goal is to one day join the ranks you the men that help keep this site running. I want to thank everyone for all the effort that has been put into this site to help people like me that are just starting on there path. I never register to join any forums or anything like that normally but after just a few days of scanning this site I came to the conclusion that this would deffinately be very benificial. It will be nice to be able to speak with people that have done the things that I am about to set out to do. Who better to learn from rite? Well I look forward to talking to many of you and taking as much advice as possible. Thanks again for everything,
Matt

P.s. I'm sorry for any spelling errors. I'm currently away from home for the night and I'm on my phone, but plan to use my computer I'm the future.

P.s.s. There is a saying on the home page used in an article about a fallen Ranger. I would like to know if I could quote it in my signature. Thanks again
Mentee to Ranger Slowpoke

Ship date January 3rd, 2012

11x op.40
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introducing myself-Matt

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome mattwoff.

Print here the words you speak of.

PM inbound.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Introducing myself-Matt

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Matt

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Matt, a man has only one opportunity to create a favorable initial impression, so far you are a GO at this station. If you truly want to earn a space in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you are at the right site. We take considerable pride in the quality of young men who come through armyranger.com on their life journey. Please self-administer a PT test and post your results on this thread, not later than Midnight, Sunday, 6 November 2011. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
mattwoff
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by mattwoff »

Thank everyone for being so welcoming. The quote that I am interested is as follows: The Lord said "Who will go, who will fight for me?" and the young Special Forces man stepped away from his family as they reached out, saying, "I will go, send me." It is a remarkable selection that I've been sharing with my family and friends. I would like to clearify that mattwoff is not my actual name. Rather a part of my email. Although my first name is matt.I have not taken a pt test yet but have been focusing on running as this is my weaker quality. Could someone please tell me what I need to test myself on and I will test and post as soon as possible. If there's anything else I need to do while getting started just let me know.

11x op.40
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Matt, here is a thread that deals with physical fittness:
viewforum.php?f=42" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is a good start point. The standard events are how many push-ups and sit-ups you can do in 2 minutes, and how long does it take you to run a two mile course.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
mattwoff
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by mattwoff »

Ranger Jim, ill get to that as soon as possible. Im afraid though that I may not have enough time to fully prepare before I ship. Im down to two montchs. I guess well see when I post my results. Im worries about my 5 mile run the most. However im willing to do what ever I have to do and invest as much time as needed to get where I need to be. On a side note about using that quote as a signature? And how do I go about getting a mentore?

11x op.40
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

mattwoff

Post by Steadfast »

excerpt of mattwoff wrote: On a side note about using that quote as a signature? And how do I go about getting a mentore?
Is there a problem? I sent you a PM & both these items are covered in the first two paragraphs.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
mattwoff
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by mattwoff »

Well I finally got my personal pt test done and im sad to say here are the results:
2 mile run in 18:46
54 push ups
52 sit ups
I know this is far from where I need to be. I just want to know if I have a reasonable chance at getting to where I need to be post basic. I have two months until I ship and then all of basic. Is there even a chance that I can get to where I can do my 5 mile in the time I need to pass airborne. Im not new to working out and getting in shape so im hoping muscle memory will kick in and help me to get better prepared. Im 5'6 at 160 lbs. I've never had a weight problem and in high school I was top of my lifting class. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

11x op.40

Return to “Introduction Archive”