medical waiver (knee scope)

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
kp25
Embryo

medical waiver (knee scope)

Post by kp25 »

Greetings Rangers,

First of all I have a tremendous amount of respect and appreciation for all you have sacrificed and accomplished while serving our country.

My question is about 2 knee surgeries I had 2006, 07 and how they may keep me from serving.

There is no hardware in my knee however the MEPS doctors would not even see me because of the medical paper work I submitted. My recruiter is resubmitting my paperwork and thinks we will be able to get around this, but he believes I may not be able to get the MOS that I want. From everything I have read on this sight, is not to enlist unless you get everything you want in your initial contract.

I have 100% confidence in my knee's ability to take whatever the Army throws at it.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to ensure that I can obtain the contract I want (option 40) with my medical history?

Thank you to anyone who took the time to read this

KP
11x opt 40
goon175
Ranger

Re: medical waiver (knee scope)

Post by goon175 »

assuming you are able to enlist, the MEPS Doc more than likely will not sign off on your airborne physical. Doesn't mean you can't volunteer in basic/ait etc., but I would say getting 4/40/18x in your contract is not likely.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
kp25
Embryo

Re: medical waiver (knee scope)

Post by kp25 »

Ranger goon175,

Thank you for the response. As you know there is a lot of conflicting information out there, It is reassuring to get the info "straight from the horses mouth". I'm not calling you a horse's mouth, I'm just from Nebraska and we say things like that because we are hill people. Seriously though, thank you very much for your time.

So if I sign an 11b, my knee scope documents will not follow me throughout my military career hindering my ability to get opportunities in the Army, like attending Airborn, RASP, SFAS etc?

KP25
11x opt 40

Return to “Recruitment Process”