My new gat

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Rangerguru
Ranger

My new gat

Post by Rangerguru »

I am far from a handgun expert, but I just picked up a Springfield Armory XD40. I fired 50 rounds through it a little while ago, and I am very impressed. At work we have Glock 17 and 19, we also have H&K USP40 and Sig Sauer P229. I have fired all of them numerous times. I don't care at all for the Sig, we have also been having issues with pins coming out as well as hand grip screws backing out. I like the trigger on the H&K, but there has been problems with them comming apart also, so much so, that H&K sent a representative over for a week for testing. I do however like the Glock, both 17 and 19. I almost baught one of them, but I have heard a lot of good things about the XD, so I figured I would give it try. Right out of the box, it shoots extreamly well, and the trigger is excelent also, between 5 and 8 lbs. I shopped around and found them online for $468, plus shipping and whatever the guy with the FFL wants to charge for a transfer fee, usually about 20 to 50 bucks. I found them locally at one place in Columbus but they wanted $669. I kept shopping and found one new in the box for $475. The XDs also come with a package that includes a holster, 2 mags and holder and speed loader. Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

I have been eye fucking the XD45 Compact... can't wait to get my dick skinners on one and test fire it.

Held it in my mitts, and it points naturally... same grip angle as a 1911. I asked the guy if he had an IWB holster... and he looked at me like I had a dick growing out of my forehead...

I have a few Glocks, but I typically print high with rapid successive shots from the Glock. I have to compensate with my grip, due to it's grip angle... but, this XD seems to be awesome.

Once you run a few thousand rounds through it, I would like to know if you change your opinion on it.

All in all, I like them!!!
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
VengefulIcebox
Tadpole

Post by VengefulIcebox »

I purchased an XD 4" service model in 9mm this month. I found mine locally in MO for $550 at a gun shop. He came down to $500, which helped cover tax.

I looked into the XD after a friend who owned one recommended it.
Found a few websites that focused on XD's. Surfed those sites for info on material/assembly flaws. Aftermarket goods, etc.
Here's the links to those two sites if your interested Ranger Rangerguru.
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/
http://www.txdpsa.com/forum/index.php

Another site link with some parts and magazine spares, etc.
http://pistolgear.com/index.php

I've only shot mine for 200 rounds. I like it alot.
War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over.
-William Tecumseh Sherman
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

I just got back from the range after shhoting a qualification course. 247 out of 250 which I consider very good since it's only the second time I've shot it, I definately am going to have to look into getting a new rear sight (shoots a little low from 25 yds). I am extreamy pleased with it, and would recomend it without hesitation.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

Tenn-RGR wrote:
borebrush wrote:RangerRangerGuru, stippling with a hot iron does wonders for the grip. :twisted: Thats an XD40 and if you'll notice on yours, there's some extra beet in the magwell that allows you to flare it fully with a little work, like I did.

:lol: :lol: What kind of scene are you going for there? It looks like a magazine ad or something. Is that your pistol's glamour shot? :lol: :lol:
Ok, now look back at the camera, ok, now your a naughty pistol, no, naughtier, oh yeah, that's it, hold it, and I'm spent. :twisted: :twisted:
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04

GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

That's a sexy piece ya got there BB... fuckin' NICE!!!!! 8)
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

GSXRanger wrote:That's a sexy piece ya got there BB... fuckin' NICE!!!!! 8)
Here's my sexy piece aka Officer Naughty, shooting her big ass honkin Ruger P85.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04

colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

XD is definitely a sweet piece of hardware. May eventually get one myself but for now the old gun cabinet is a tadbit full and the (Mmmm Hmmm) "wife" is a tadbit "WTF?" Glock man myself. Carry a 22 on duty, 19 off and sometimes carry a Taurus pt111 in me pocket when Im dressed lite. For the money, the pt111 is a sweet little gun. Shoots up a storm. First time I ever fired it couple months ago was when I walked out on range with it and qualified it as off duty gun, perfect score. Can't complain about that. As for H & K? I ain't seeing the hype. GLOCK anyday!
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"

Return to “Weapons of War”