AAAHHHHHH!!! Poison Ivy/Oak/Sumac Attack

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

AAAHHHHHH!!! Poison Ivy/Oak/Sumac Attack

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

It's all over my fucking leg, oozing, and creating a nasty looking stain on my pant leg. :evil:

The treatment has been as follows:

Clean it with isopropyl

Clean it with dial

Clean it with isopropyl

Clean it with dial

Clean it with isopropyl

Clean it with dial

and so on...

It doesn't even itch that bad, but it's fucking nasty looking.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

I am severely allergic to all of the poison ivy, oak, etc., and have tried all of the home remedies out there. You name it, I've tried it.

Go to the drug store and pick up a tube of Ivarest. It is made by Blistex. Trust me dude. I was ate up with poison ivy a few months ago, and after two applications of Ivarest, it was gone. No shit. It's the best shit I've ever used to get rid of poison ivy.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

poison ivy? the fuck is that? oh yeah, it's that shit I used to roll around in all the time to the look of horror from the pussies...

sure is nice to be immune to all that shit...
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Try pouring Diesel and Gas mixture on it. Once you come to (from passing out from the pain) repeat. After 3 times the shit will dry up or....you will die. More likley the latter but the pain is really kewl.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

My advice: go to the doctor and get a shot of benydryl. If you're like me, it will come to that eventually anyway.
RLTW
EP
Last edited by Earthpig on October 13th, 2005, 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Mason
Soldier

Post by Mason »

I scrub it good with soap and warm water.. Then I go outside and pour bleach all over the site... It might sound alittle Redneck but it will work.. Ha Ha..
Cat
Tadpole

Post by Cat »

EarthPig wrote:My advice: go to the doctor and get a shot of benydryl. If you're like me, it will come to that eventually anyway.
RLTW
EP
Rgr EarthPig, that's what I do. Like others, I am severely allergic to it. It always comes down to getting the shot :cry: :lol:
U.S. Army Signal Corps, 31M7A/31S
385th SigCo (FWD) Kuwait Jan 94- Dec 94
235th(67th) TACSAT Ft Gordon, GA. 95-97
--
Mainz-Kastel, Germany 98-00, AD Dept
Ft Bragg 00-02, AD Dept
RiserBurn
Ranger

Post by RiserBurn »

Dude, I had Poison Ivy in RS. The shit was all over my face, chest, legs, balls....you name it. Just when I thought life couldnt suck any more.

The medics gave me a shot of benadryl, and a cream, and it cleared up in a few days.
1-503 INF (AASLT)
2-504 PIR
2-503 INF (ABN)
RS 11-01
Phulano
Tadpole

Post by Phulano »

dexomethisone.... Thats the fix.. Clears up my stuff in 24-48 hours usually. Works every time.

Probobly have to go to the doc for this one though..
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Put foot powder on it. It draws the poison out of the skin and dries it out.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
JMar
Ranger

Post by JMar »

Veteran Angry Civilian,

If its poison IVY, then check out the local pharmacy for some stuff called Technu (or something like that, its been a while). That stuff will get rid of it super fast.

If its poison OAK, absolutely DON'T wash it with soap and water, it will spread like crazy if you do. Just use some anti-itch cream and try not to touch it. Poison oak is a bitch and really just takes time to go away.

As for identifying which one it is, poison ivy will look like rash, poison oak will be a bunch of red bumps and itch like crazy. I had it really bad about a month ago after a backpacking trip (as in all over my body from trying the soap and water method). Good luck, its definately annoying.

"Praise no the day until evening has come; a woman until she is burnt; a sword until it is tried; a maiden until she is married; ice until it has been crossed; beer until it has been drunk."
-Viking Proverb

1PLT, A Co., 3/75 "Glory Boys" 2006-2012
RW Aviator 2012-Present
RS Class 06-08
502in62

Post by 502in62 »

OAK-N-IVY TECNU outdoor skin cleanser. It's the best that I've found. I look at poison ivy and I'm in trouble. With this stuff if your exposed you have up to 6 hours after exposure to use it and it will get rid of the poison ivy oil and you won't have any itching or rash. It also should help some in your case.

Just a side note: It depends on how you were exposed. The above applys to you making physical contact with poison ivy. If you inhaled the smoke from some buring poison ivy go to your doc and get a shot.

During a controled burn with the DNR I inhaled some that was in a fence row. The shot was the only thing that worked.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

What the fucking fuck. Are we actually trying to HELP this guy or do we want to read about him shooting his neighbor in a fit of rage because he just poured Diesel and Gas on his nuts? You goody fucks leave this to Dr. Abell9 please. :roll: :lol: :lol:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
RGR_Dan
Ranger

Post by RGR_Dan »

Go swimming in a pool. The chlorine helps dry it out. It'll be done in like 2-3 days. Or scrape the area with a steel bristle brush and pour bleach on it :twisted:
95-98 Aco. 3/75 2nd plt Weapons Sqd
98-01Hco 121st LRS
Former LEO
Former Contractor
LEO (round 2)

Return to “The Mosh Pit”