Introduction - Tyler

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Fmj556
Egg

Introduction - Tyler

Post by Fmj556 »

Hello Rangers,

My name is Tyler. I am 21 years old and I recently enlisted as an 11x. I will be on my way to Fort Benning on 20120306.

I am a former lacrosse player, and during a college practice I took a bad hit and dislocated my knee cap and tore my patella tendon.

Long story short I got redshirted and ended up having knee surgery to help my kneecap heal and track properly. I decided that serving my country was more important than lacrosse and I gave up the sport to pursue a career in the military. I worked towards getting my gpa up from a 2.9 to a 3.3 to make me a competitive canadate for ocs, but after a long talk with my fiancé (now wife) we decided that enlisting was the best option. So I withdrew from school with 39 credits left for me to graduate.

I needed a medical waiver to enlist and that whole process was a nightmare. After eight months of constant pressure I finally got my medical waiver approved and was allowed to enlist.

I took the basic 11x contract because meps would not allow me to take the option 40 contract due to the waiver. This was consistent with some information that I read on this site about option 40 eligibility. Therefore I felt confident that there was no way to receive the option 40.

I would just like to thank everyone on this site for the advice and information. Also thanks to everyone for their service. It's an honor to have the opportunity to serve, and I hope to one day have the pleasure of attempting to join the Ranger ranks.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Tyler

Post by Jim »

OK, so you have had some setbacks. Welcome to the real world. If you really want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. You may have an opportunity to earn a space if you do well in OSUT. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Fmj556
Egg

Introduction - Tyler

Post by Fmj556 »

Thanks Rangers. That's why I'm here. I'm not gonna whine about my experience, I'm just gonna work hard and forge my own fate.

I look forward to learning from the best.

Return to “Introduction Archive”