RIP Hold SITREP

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Aeos
Paratrooper

RIP Hold SITREP

Post by Aeos »

I am currently in RIP Hold waiting for the APR class. I've been here for a few weeks now and just haven't found the extra time to get to my computer. This weekend I managed some though.

Basically I PT twice a day, once in the morning during the scheduled time, and then I use the Ranger Gym in the evenings.

I got hurt on my 5th jump. I know its nothing compared to what most of you Rangers have been through, but it was quite different for us new guys. We had been circling for a good 2 hours, we put down for 5 minutes at 1 time but took off again. Our ceiling just wasn't high enough and severe thunderstorms were coming in. Well they finally decided to drop us, we could tell it wasn't favorable conditions, not to mention our Jump masters were being a bit sketchy. We went and it was definitely the windiest jump out of my 5. The smoke on the ground looked like it was forming a 90 degree angle haha. I came in on the road, I thought I was going to clear it, but the wind shifted after I had pulled my slip I then came nearly right down... It was interesting. My left foot took most of the impact. ABN Had us RIP's wait until we got to RIP to go to sick call(our cadre were not happy about that) I came out of the TMC with a profile and x-rays on my heel. Luckily I had not fractured or chipped anything Severely bruised heel, and what they said looked like a fallen arch(something with the tendon in my foot).

The FEB class graduated 12 Rangers. They started with 28. They would have graduated with 13, but one of the guys, 90mins from graduation they notified him that he did not clear his security clearance. He is now worldwide. MAR started with 150. They are at around 120 now. Week 2 begins this Monday.

Thats all for my SITREP right now.

*Edit*

I volunteered for Javelin School during ABN Hold. Wow what a joke that place was haha.. But it was a good experience none the less.

*/Edit*
Last edited by Aeos on March 10th, 2007, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

stay focused and heal up. sounds like you have your head in the right place...
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Aeos

Post by Steadfast »

Good sitrep Aeos.

You are now eligible to select an avatar of your choice.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Good sitrep.

The ABN cadre did the right thing by sending you on and having RTB put you on sick call - of course, that's not the way they see it, but you'll learn more, heal better...

Don't be too fast to get back in the mix - learn all you can. Make yourself usefull when and where you can.

Sounds like a good jump. (windometer behind the humvee door...)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

42L5V wrote:Good sitrep.

The ABN cadre did the right thing by sending you on and having RTB put you on sick call - of course, that's not the way they see it, but you'll learn more, heal better...

Don't be too fast to get back in the mix - learn all you can. Make yourself usefull when and where you can.

Sounds like a good jump. (windometer behind the humvee door...)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Or maybe the windometer was in front of the heater duct.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Good job. Drive on and don't quit.

RLTW!
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Congratulations! Sounds like you are making progress. Just keep drivin'!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
IDon'tCare
Ranger

Post by IDon'tCare »

Aeos are you going to start with the next class? If so best of luck to you and all the other RIP hold overs. Your class will not be small when you start but I'm sure it will be by the time it's over. Listen to me and don't fuck up any more. Enough said. Drive on and complete the mission that you are on. Yes this is a wake up call to you from me.
A co 2/75 80-84
Ranger class 12-82
SERE Instructor class 1-83

Mentor to Prodigy922 / KW12 / whiskeytango
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

IDon'tCare wrote:Aeos are you going to start with the next class? If so best of luck to you and all the other RIP hold overs. Your class will not be small when you start but I'm sure it will be by the time it's over. Listen to me and don't fuck up any more. Enough said. Drive on and complete the mission that you are on. Yes this is a wake up call to you from me.
aaaawwwwwww........ you DO care! :D Isn't that special! :lol:
IDon'tCare
Ranger

Post by IDon'tCare »

RTO wrote:aaaawwwwwww........ you DO care! :D Isn't that special! :lol:
Damn it don't tell any one else. :lol:
A co 2/75 80-84
Ranger class 12-82

Aeos
Paratrooper

Post by Aeos »

IDon'tCare wrote:Aeos are you going to start with the next class? If so best of luck to you and all the other RIP hold overs. Your class will not be small when you start but I'm sure it will be by the time it's over. Listen to me and don't fuck up any more. Enough said. Drive on and complete the mission that you are on. Yes this is a wake up call to you from me.
Ranger IDon'tCare I will not be starting with the next class. Rnuovrcj5(I introduced myself when he first got here, and he happened to get roomed with me) just got here last week so I was looking forward to going with him. A month isnt long so oh well.

Roger Ranger IDon'tCare we are at 178 right now with 67 people who are for sure going(they passed the PT test last week) Everyone else is taking it tomorrow morning. I passed mine when I first got here, but was on profile immediately after. So i'll have to re-test. I have been keeping up on pull-ups/push-ups/sit-ups and some lifting, and doing cardio in the pool and biking(all that low impact stuff).

I am one of the class leaders currently, now that we've got some E-5s they will be taking the class over there while I wait with the new guys and the ones who didnt make the 150 cut. I am giving it my all everyday, evening formation is coming up, thats all I have for this post.
IDon'tCare
Ranger

Post by IDon'tCare »

Thanks for the update Aeos. This next class starts Thursday if I recall. It has to suck being in hold that long but drive on and heal so you can get in the next class.
A co 2/75 80-84
Ranger class 12-82

Aeos
Paratrooper

Post by Aeos »

Rangers,

I will be starting class 08-07 tomorrow. I passed my PT Test to get into the 07-07 class, but I was assigned to a detail to head to Ft. Bragg for 2 weeks, before I had taken it. There was no Opting out of the detail.

We did target details for the JSOC shooting competition and were also allowed to compete in the Combat Pistol Match. It was quite an experience, got to see some very cool things, and I gained some knowledge from the NCO's we were around. There were only a couple RIP Pending with me(3), everyone else was a world wide(15). Those people are just unbelievable... Wow.. We got an AAM out of it all also.

I came back with 3 weeks until the PT test for the 08-07 class. I took the first one last Friday and passed with a 276.(You can get in with 60%, but you need 70% in week 4 to graduate) The rest of the guys took another this morning. Currently our class will be starting with less than 100, it will be more towards the 85-90 mark. We had a couple of guys at the end of the day request to VW. So they wont be coming with us tomorrow.

We are being allowed to go on PASS over memorial day weekend. I will be staying on Post with a friends family who live here. Having to be in formation on Tuesday at 1630, actually starting the class Wednesday. Our class should be graduating on June 22nd. RIP will then be taking 2 weeks off, according to the calender in the Pending Office, and the NCOIC.

Well, im not really sure what else to add. I am extremely nervous but it will all be mine come graduation day.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

You're definately taking a round about course towards your goal, but it looks like it's in sight.....stay out of trouble!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
BMksman
Ranger

Post by BMksman »

Good luck dude, hurry up and get your shit. Its taking you forever.
B Co. 3/75 2006-2010

Return to “Letters from School”