Fast track to Green card?

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Swoff
Tadpole

Fast track to Green card?

Post by Swoff »

This last day a recruiter came to my High School and approched me, asking if I wanted to join the army. I said I was a foreign student and didn't have a green card. He said that he would be able to speed my process on getting one if I was to sign up for 4 years.

So mye question to you SFC hit_it, is that possible. That a recruiter speeds the process up on your green card application?
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

THAT RECRUITER MUST HAVE MISUNDERSTOOD YOU.

you can not join without a green card.

we can speed up the citizen process but not until AFTER you have your green card.

it's a basic enlistment eligibilty requirement.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Swoff
Tadpole

Post by Swoff »

SFC hit_it, thanks. That cleared it up
hit_it
Paratrooper

Re: Crazy Canuck Paratroopers

Post by hit_it »

ender wrote:SFC hit_it,

With regards to the citizenship/green card process. One of the guys in my PL was down training with an SF unit, and a member[s] of that unit said there was ways around the requirements. They said they could get him an 18X. All he had to do was make a few phone calls and go knocking on their compound when his obligations to the Candian Military was up.

I believe him, without a doubt.

Short of going to Ft. Lewis, and knocking on 2nd Bn's door. Is there a way I can get the citizenship requirements waived for an Opt. 40?? Because I'ld rather wear a tan beret instead of a green one anyday.

FYI. Both he and I are Canadian Citizens[born,not naturalized], and have no relatives/sponsors in the US.

Thanks for your time.
your friend might have someone who thinks he can be hooked up, but trust me, he's mistaken.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Swoff
Tadpole

Post by Swoff »

SFC hit_it, so for me to be able to join the Rangers. I must first get a green card, then get the army to speed up the citizenship for then to be able to get a shot at RIP?

That sounds hard, next to impossible. But the impossible only takes a little longer :wink:
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Swoff wrote:SFC hit_it, so for me to be able to join the Rangers. I must first get a green card, then get the army to speed up the citizenship for then to be able to get a shot at RIP?

That sounds hard, next to impossible. But the impossible only takes a little longer :wink:
you have to be a citizen to have a shot at any Special Operations Jobs.

good attitude to have, and once you have your documents you can do all that stuff.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

CanadianSoldier wrote:SFC hit_it,

I need a viable way to enlist in the US Army. Ive looked extensively at the US Immigration website but it seems you need to live in a dirtass 3rd world country in order to get a greencard. Im an ex Canadian soldier whose served with American and British (among others) forces in Bosnia. Ive been pissed ever since my allies and friends had to go fight because my pussy government didnt have the balls to bring it to the table. I dont want citizenship...........I just want to do my part during this whole mess!!!

CanadianSoldier,

Please post an introduction in the correct forum. Thank you.
It's all good.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Y ou want to serve in our Army, Y ou'll have to do the same thing everyone else does.

Come here and don't leave until you got a Green Card. start from scratch here.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

Actually I think Ranger Spartan has green cards and Drivers Lic. for sale, 10 bucks each I believe, you might have to have your named changed though.... :roll:
It's all good.

Return to “Recruitment Process”