LAMS RIP SITREP (RANGER)

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Good sitrep LAMS. Listen up DEP's - LAMS is the man currently in the field receiving the training. Quiting can't exist in your mind to complete this course.

We be waiting for you to finish and join us LAMS. Just a wee bit more.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Post by Ardent Lady »

Great SITREP! Thanks for passing what you've learned and letting us know where you're at. We're pulling for you! Finish strong!
Reverend Mother of the Church of The Yellow River

The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Ardent Lady wrote:Great SITREP! Thanks for passing what you've learned and letting us know where you're at. We're pulling for you! Finish strong!
Or we'll kill you.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

i like the killing part.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Post by Ardent Lady »

Kilted Heathen wrote:
Ardent Lady wrote:Great SITREP! Thanks for passing what you've learned and letting us know where you're at. We're pulling for you! Finish strong!
Or we'll kill you.
:lol: Perfect combination of motivation - warm and fuzzy on one side and real pointy on the other :)
Reverend Mother of the Church of The Yellow River

The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

So, let me get this straight - you were using your red lens flashlight out on the night land navigation course so you could more easily see and recognize obstacles that you could encounter?

WTF!? Ever hear of night vision? No, I'm not talking about Night Vision Goggles, I'm talking about letting your eyes and vision adjust to low light conditions so you can see your way clearly enough - not perfectly as in the same vision as daylight conditions - but clearly enough to recognize terrain and vegetation..

Your red lens flashlight should really only be used if you have to refer to your map, NOT as a replacement for NOT developing the skill to see well in the dark. A red lens flashlight may make an excellent crutch in a pinch, but that is a habit you should try and break ASAP.

Other than that, I'd say good job and good update. Best of luck to you.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Good Job...Keep it up.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Spartan wrote:So, let me get this straight - you were using your red lens flashlight out on the night land navigation course so you could more easily see and recognize obstacles that you could encounter?

WTF!? Ever hear of night vision? No, I'm not talking about Night Vision Goggles, I'm talking about letting your eyes and vision adjust to low light conditions so you can see your way clearly enough - not perfectly as in the same vision as daylight conditions - but clearly enough to recognize terrain and vegetation..

Your red lens flashlight should really only be used if you have to refer to your map, NOT as a replacement for NOT developing the skill to see well in the dark. A red lens flashlight may make an excellent crutch in a pinch, but that is a habit you should try and break ASAP.

Other than that, I'd say good job and good update. Best of luck to you.
Yeah, I'm with you Spartan. Using any sort of torch on Land-Nav is No-Go Douche Bag! Oh well, when he get's to Batt, maybe a sadistic SPC-4 will smoke him until his ass explodes. Maybe he should shoot The Star? Red lens ain't worth a shit there.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Gravity Man
Ranger

Post by Gravity Man »

We (El Diablo and I) passed our PT test last week. The retest this Wed is for people who failed or are just coming in. LMS is a really good and dedicated guy. I'm almost certain he'll make it. It's good to receive intel as it comes straight from the field. Can't wait to finally get 'er done. G-man out.
toad
Ranger

Post by toad »

Almost there LAMS, keep your self focused until the end. Funny thing about those red flash lights, my second day in batt I was out in the field on a mission and my Plt Sgt wanted to tie chem lights on me and another newbie so they wouldnt lose us on the night movement.........FUCK ALL YOU ASSHOLES WHO WILL BRING ON THE CHEM LIGHT JOKES!!!!
Cco 3/75th 2nd plt wpns sqd 87-89
RS 8-88
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

Keep it up LAMS - putting on that black beret was one of the best days of my life!
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to “Letters from School”