3/75 Ranger Website

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Thanks for sharing that webpage bro.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Demanding a 'yes click' using javascript as you enter a site is a bad thing, IMHO, as you don't know what javascript action, ie; code, you are agreeing to occur in your browser and thus, your computer.

So, when you click yes, it's like clicking 'open' on an attachment that is sent to you via email.
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Spartan wrote:Demanding a 'yes click' using javascript as you enter a site is a bad thing, IMHO, as you don't know what javascript action, ie; code, you are agreeing to occur in your browser and thus, your computer.

So, when you click yes, it's like clicking 'open' on an attachment that is sent to you via email.
:shock: Say What??? Isn't that sort of dangerous.... for somebody that klicks yes??
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

McD wrote: :shock: Say What??? Isn't that sort of dangerous.... for somebody that klicks yes??
It may be, it may not be.

It is possible to use a scripting language in which to hide malicious code, just as it is in an executable file. I'm not saying there is malicious code there. What I'm saying is that if you value your ability to use your computer safely and securely, you probably would not take want to take risks you were aware of, like clicking executables that people send you, or clicking into scripting actions from sources you do not personally know and have a trusted relationship.
buckIVranger
Ranger

Post by buckIVranger »

I didn't know a site like this exsisted. Those are all my boys on there. I was in C Co but I knew all those fuckers. Christian Kilpatrick was one of my best friends.
Do you fear the force of the wind, the slash of the rain? Go face them and fight them, be savage again...
C Co 3-75 RGR RGT 99 to Nov 03
Ranger school class 07-02
C-3-3 and AT

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”