Heading to MEPS...

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Evolution
Embryo

Heading to MEPS...

Post by Evolution »

I am finally getting up to MEPS on Tuesday. I'll be heading to the OMNI at around 1430 tomorrow (Monday) afternoon.

I'm already prepared to sit around all day waiting, because I have from 0500 until they kick me out the door 'cause they're ready to go home since I don't have to do any of the medical exam!
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

good luck man.

are you shipping? refresh my memory.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Kelly-Belly
Tadpole

Post by Kelly-Belly »

Good Luck!!!!
Kelly

This should be you...that they call Incredible...
Evolution
Embryo

Post by Evolution »

The liasons had everything ready for me. I had an 11x/ABN/OPT40 rady to sign when I got there. I head to Ft. Benning in 9 days.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

good job. i forgot what you were doing.

you dropped from the USMC to go Army.

good job on the contract.

we'll get your status updated to OPT40.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Evolution wrote:The liasons had everything ready for me. I had an 11x/ABN/OPT40 rady to sign when I got there. I head to Ft. Benning in 9 days.
Congrats. Probably got it from some kid who wanted to reno his contract and lost his OPT40.

Better get busy packing.
Evolution
Embryo

Post by Evolution »

Thank you SFC Hit_It and Ranger Spartan!

I saw a few guys at MEPS today who were shipping with Option 40's, but just because their liasons told them they could have it. The guys didn't even really want it and just took it because it was offered. It kinda irked me that these would be going to guys who didn't care about having the potential to become a Ranger when there are so many others who desire to become one.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Remember...Drill Sergeants like to be called Mother Fucker! :lol:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Evolution
Embryo

Post by Evolution »

I'm focused on the task at hand, Veteran SnafuRacer. It was just something that crossed my mind at the time fo the post.

I've already travelled a tough road to get to this point and the road is going to suddenly get tougher and tougher, but I feel ready and confident.
Evolution
Embryo

Post by Evolution »

Roger that, Ranger Abell9, but I have a feeling I'll get skinned up hard for that. :twisted:
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Evolution wrote:The liasons had everything ready for me. I had an 11x/ABN/OPT40 rady to sign when I got there. I head to Ft. Benning in 9 days.
Hot damn! Great job!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Evidently you listened to something someone said in here. Congratulations. Now do it.

RLTW
Bell
Evolution
Embryo

Post by Evolution »

Ranger EP, Ranger Bell, and Veteran Xducer,

I followed the advice on these forums and it paid off. I made sure my recruiter knew I was signing a damn thing unless it was an Option 40, etiher 11X or 13F.

Now, I'm ready to "Git-r-done!"

Return to “Recruitment Process”