Questions on RTB

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Birdman
Soldier

Questions on RTB

Post by Birdman »

Are the people at RTB on active jump status??? Is there a tab requirement to get stationed there for NCO's? Reason I was wondering I am trying to get into Anger school late this winter or early spring. I might not get to as I am currently in a mechanized unit with a tanker for a BDE commander. I was thinking of re-uping to go t RTB but was just wondering the Quals.
3rd U.S. INF (TOG) 00-03
1/16 INF 1st ID 03-05
3/509 ABN 05- Present

"Strike Fast/Kick Ass"
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Why do you want to go to RTB?
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Questions on RTB

Post by Silverback »

Birdman wrote:Are the people at RTB on active jump status??? Is there a tab requirement to get stationed there for NCO's? Reason I was wondering I am trying to get into Anger school late this winter or early spring. I might not get to as I am currently in a mechanized unit with a tanker for a BDE commander. I was thinking of re-uping to go t RTB but was just wondering the Quals.
Bird,
Assignement to RTB (for Infantry guys) is managed by Ranger Branch at Department of the Army. Which means in order for you to be assigned to RTB you have to be under the jurisdiction of Ranger Branch. The rules change if you are a soft skill MOS.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Good luck.Get your tab.Then we'll discuss tricks of the trade.The Ranger tab opens a lot of doors that the Army doesn't even show you.Once you're qualified you'll understand and we'll help you along.Best of luck to you and we'll talk about this after you pay for your ticket.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Birdman
Soldier

Post by Birdman »

Rangers Silverback, Kilted
Thanks for the replies. I will either get my slot to school in spring or as a re-enlistment option (maybe I can get it while I am at Benning for BNCOC Phase 2). As to RTB I was just looking at options for my next enlistment. I am definately want ing to get back to light (mechanized is not for me) and I want something more high speed than a leg infantry unit. Vincenza I am also looking at. Looking forward to discussing options.
Last edited by Birdman on December 10th, 2004, 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
3rd U.S. INF (TOG) 00-03
1/16 INF 1st ID 03-05
3/509 ABN 05- Present

"Strike Fast/Kick Ass"
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Birdman:

As vets, we all thank you for your service to this nation. Outside of that, be advised that this is a Ranger site, and one of the rules for this site that you should already be aware of is that any and all Rangers on this site will be address as Rangers by newts, Deps, parents, as well as active duty and retired non-Ranger military personell.

Thems the rules. We are pretty anal about it. Consider this a friendly warning / reminder of the rules, and best of luck in your endeavors.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Birdman
Soldier

Post by Birdman »

Ranger Creeping Death, thanks for keeping me straight
3rd U.S. INF (TOG) 00-03
1/16 INF 1st ID 03-05
3/509 ABN 05- Present

"Strike Fast/Kick Ass"
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

In hindsight I should have flunked RIP so that I could sleep late, not PT and eat Cheerios all day while wearing whatever the fuck I wanted as a black beret wearing member of the Mountain OPFOR ...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

BadMuther wrote:In hindsight I should have flunked RIP so that I could sleep late, not PT and eat Cheerios all day while wearing whatever the fuck I wanted as a black beret wearing member of the Mountain OPFOR ...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Grape Ape, did we wake you from your slumber?
Birdman
Soldier

Post by Birdman »

Rangers
My bad on the RTB question. My buddy Ranger Lostboy (not sure if he is verified yet) filled me in on the Bat's opinion of RTB.
3rd U.S. INF (TOG) 00-03
1/16 INF 1st ID 03-05
3/509 ABN 05- Present

"Strike Fast/Kick Ass"
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Birdman wrote:As to RTB I was just looking at options for my next enlistment. I am definately want ing to get back to light (mechanized is not for me) and I want something more high speed than a leg infantry unit. Vincenza I am also looking at. Looking forward to discussing options.
I just got one fucking question. Since when did the Army start to allow soldiers to "PICK" WHERE AND WHAT UNIT THEY WANTED TO GO TO.

I recall you got three choices in terms of region but certainly not specific units and I rarely saw anybody get anything close to any of the three choices they picked anyway. Have things changed since the 80's
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

BeadleBug wrote: Have things changed since the 80's

Not really.

We all still walk around in parachute pants, listening to Micheal Jackson, sporting our flock-a-seagulls waves and quoting Crockett and Tubbs...

Oh, my bad.....that's just you, Beads! :wink:
RSD 96-99
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Birdman wrote:Rangers
My bad on the RTB question. My buddy Ranger Lostboy (not sure if he is verified yet) filled me in on the Bat's opinion of RTB.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Lostboy
Ranger

Birdman

Post by Lostboy »

I know some things are o.k. and some are not. Birdman originally came to me and posed the same question. I gave him what I answer i thought to be true. Being out of the SOCOM loop still remembering the hatred for the concentration camp they call RTB, I figured it best for him to ask who knows. I appreciate ya'll setting him straight. We weresupposed to be ranger buddies at school and move on to bigger and better things, untill I came down on drill. He's a good dude and will make a great RANGER someday regardless of duty location. This site has helped him tremendously with the path to becoming immortal and i contribute the rearrangement of my self back to the kill all ask questions later to the admin and great words of all the mentors on this site. Thanks, drive on and keep all non-immortals straight.
Served with 2nd Battallion from feb00 to may02. B co. 5/20 and then iraq with 1/16. heading to benning for DSS.

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”