Introduction - Andrew

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Seacadet_Andrew
Embryo

Introduction - Andrew

Post by Seacadet_Andrew »

Hello Rangers, My name is Andrew I am currently 17 years old and have had dreams of becoming a United States Army Ranger since 6th grade when I read my first Vietnam LRRP book. As of right now I am hoping to join the Army under a 68W Option 40 Contract and serve my country as a Ranger Medic. I have been working very hard to try and learn everything I can about Regiment and how to get to where I want to be. My Current APFT scores are

-Pushups: 75
-Situps: 86
-2 Mile Run: 13:48

I am having a difficult time with my Run, I would appreciate any advice. Im also studying very rigorously for my ASVAB I hope to obtain a 120 GT score, I will be taking it soon. I also plan to take an EMT-B course before I enlist, to put me a step ahead in terms of medical training for AIT and SOCM. Thank you for reading and I am open to constructive criticsm I would love to hear what advice rangers have for the next generation of Rangers!
"The difference between a hero and a coward is not the fear, its what you do with it that counts" - Jeff Struecker 3/75 B. Co. Battle of Mogadishu
Aspiring 68W
Seacadet_Andrew
Embryo

Re: Introduction - Andrew

I also forgot to mention why I want to be a Medic and what I am doing to prepare for the rigors of Ranger battalion and RASP.
In terms of preparation I currently work at my local Army/Navy Store I tend to learn a lot about the Armed Forces from veterans at my job, I am also in the United States Naval Sea Cadets which, in my opinion, is a great program for anyone looking to join the military I have learned a lot about military etiquette since I joined. I am also part of the Police explorers and have learned a lot about law enforcement and some neat stuff from the SWAT team as well. As for my motive for choosing 68W, My mother is a Nurse and I have always been fascinated by Medicine but more so the military has always fascinated me, at around 8th grade I realized I could combine the two and help my fellow brothers in arms but also fight and help fight onto the Ranger objective, I'd also like to be the man that my brothers could trust their lives with and be able to tell their families that their son is going to be ok ( I understand that in some situations they may not be ok, and they may end up dead but thats a risk Im willing to take)
"The difference between a hero and a coward is not the fear, its what you do with it that counts" - Jeff Struecker 3/75 B. Co. Battle of Mogadishu
Aspiring 68W
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Welcome Andrew, I'll let someone else address your name, you may want to check the rules section. As far as running improvement there is a fitness thread on here that has a lot of good information on it. You also need to add pull-ups to your PT program and APFT. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Andrew,

Welcome to armyranger.com

Seeing how you haven't achieved Ranger status yet, our rules require you not have anything Ranger related within your screen name.

You have 48 hours to pick a new one and PM me with your choice.

Should you choose not to respond, I will pick one for you.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Andrew.
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Seacadet_Andrew
Embryo

centermass wrote:Andrew,

Welcome to armyranger.com

Seeing how you haven't achieved Ranger status yet, our rules require you not have anything Ranger related within your screen name.

You have 48 hours to pick a new one and PM me with your choice.

Should you choose not to respond, I will pick one for you.
Thank you, I am glad to be a part of armyranger.com :) as for my username, I am sorry that is my mistake, I meant no harm by it I have already PM'd you! :)
Aspiring 68W
Seacadet_Andrew
Embryo

CharlieRanger1FFV wrote:Welcome to the site, Andrew.
Thank you :)
Aspiring 68W
Seacadet_Andrew
Embryo

rangerjd wrote:Welcome Andrew, I'll let someone else address your name, you may want to check the rules section. As far as running improvement there is a fitness thread on here that has a lot of good information on it. You also need to add pull-ups to your PT program and APFT. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Already sorted out the name thing, that was my bad and I apologize I meant no harm! as for running thank you I will check out those threads and as for pull-ups they are one of my strenghts I can do about 18-19 Pull-ups, and again thank you for the information!! :)
Aspiring 68W
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

RLTW_Andrew wrote:
rangerjd wrote:Welcome Andrew, I'll let someone else address your name, you may want to check the rules section. As far as running improvement there is a fitness thread on here that has a lot of good information on it. You also need to add pull-ups to your PT program and APFT. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Already sorted out the name thing, that was my bad and I apologize I meant no harm! as for running thank you I will check out those threads and as for pull-ups they are one of my strenghts I can do about 18-19 Pull-ups, and again thank you for the information!! :)
Young man you need to go back and read the rules of the site. This isn't Facebook. Thank you and welcome here.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Seacadet_Andrew
Embryo

cams wrote:
RLTW_Andrew wrote:
Young man you need to go back and read the rules of the site. This isn't Facebook. Thank you and welcome here.
Roger! and thank you!
Aspiring 68W
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Have you read the site rules? Yes or no. Give me a one word answer.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Seacadet_Andrew
Embryo

cams wrote:Have you read the site rules? Yes or no. Give me a one word answer.
yes
Aspiring 68W
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Seacadet_Andrew wrote:
yes
Evidently, NO, you didn't. This is not about treating you like an idiot, it's called "Attention to detail"

Read this fully and completely.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1837

Once you are done, go back and look at your posts. Then tell me what you failed to do.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
Seacadet_Andrew
Embryo

centermass wrote:
Seacadet_Andrew wrote:
yes
Evidently, NO, you didn't. This is not about treating you like an idiot, it's called "Attention to detail"

Read this fully and completely.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1837

Once you are done, go back and look at your posts. Then tell me what you failed to do.
I fully understand, and I apologize I have read the FAQ you linked me to and have found that I am using an unauthorized avatar, and I am not giving the Respect that all of the veterans, especially Rangers, have earned through blood sweat and tears to keep this country safe, and I also used an unauthorized Username. For this I apologize and will straighten myself up to stay a part of very informative website! Thank you Ranger Centermass
Aspiring 68W

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”