Graduated OCS Class 006-14

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Foozbat
Ranger

Graduated OCS Class 006-14

Post by Foozbat »

Well it's been a while since I posted in the Letters from School section... I graduated OCS class 006-14 last month. Overall OCS was a breeze compared to the lifestyle I've been used to for the past 8 years. I'm headed to IBOLC in a week then its off to 4th IBCT, 3rd ID at Ft. Stewart sometime next year. Its kind of bittersweet leaving Battalion but I hope to be able to return to the Regiment in a couple of years as a PL.

Thanks again to all the old timers on this site. I got my start in the Army by visiting this site and I'll never forget the advice I got here and the experiences I've had in Regiment over the years.

Now I just need to resist punching out annoying West Pointers at IBOLC...
Bco 3/75 April 2007 - June 2011, April 2013 - October 2014
HHC 3/75 June 2011 - April 2013
PL, Aco 1-15 IN, 3rd BDE, 3rd ID
RS Class 05-10
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Graduated OCS Class 006-14

Post by Jim »

Foozbat wrote:Well it's been a while since I posted in the Letters from School section... I graduated OCS class 006-14 last month. Overall OCS was a breeze compared to the lifestyle I've been used to for the past 8 years. I'm headed to IBOLC in a week then its off to 4th IBCT, 3rd ID at Ft. Stewart sometime next year. Its kind of bittersweet leaving Battalion but I hope to be able to return to the Regiment in a couple of years as a PL.

Thanks again to all the old timers on this site. I got my start in the Army by visiting this site and I'll never forget the advice I got here and the experiences I've had in Regiment over the years.

Now I just need to resist punching out annoying West Pointers at IBOLC...
When I was in the IOAC (or whatever they call it now) a friend of mine, who was a TAC at USMA invited me to join him and some of his new grads at the Infantry bar (or whatever they have at the O Club). One of his 2LTs said "When did you go to IOBC?" My response was, "I didn't need to, I went to Infantry OCS."
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Letters from School”