Introduction-Ryan

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

AspiringRyan
Embryo

Introduction-Ryan

Post by AspiringRyan »

Hello Rangers and other members of ArmyRanger.com. My name is Ryan and I am 17 years old. I am currently attending a community college to receive my high school diploma as well as what will count as two years worth of college credit. I've decided to register on this website after being a lurker here for sometime due to what I've learned from reading the forums and soaking up everything thats already here for anyone to see. I hope that in time I can get an 11X opt 40 locked in and then get some additional mentoring and guidance from all you Rangers. I've wanted to join the Army since I was a young boy. I was maybe 6 or 7 when my Dad came and picked me up from school in his uniform and all the stories he had to tell mesmerized me. I have a strong desire to better not only myself everyday but my country and the lives of as many people as possible. I'm not currently in any sports because the college program I'm in doesn't offer anything like that. i exercise everyday however and when i'm not exercising I'm trying to learn anything I can about..anything pretty much. Thank you so much for allowing me membership on this website. I hope this wasn't to long. I can be a little long winded and tend to bird walk. Thank you again Rangers.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction-Ryan

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Ryan, If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com in their life journey. Please begin by reading the FAQs as well as selected threads and stickies. Most questions you might have are already addressed. The search feature, located on the top right of this page is your friend. Please self-administer a PT test and post your results on this thread within 72 hours. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
AspiringRyan
Embryo

Post by AspiringRyan »

PT score is as follows:
PU: 49
SU: 50
2 mile run in 14:25
These scores are not exactly what I would call great. I'm going to seek out ways to max out my PFT as I don't just want to be a Ranger but rather an exemplary Ranger.
I'll begin looking through the forums for a training regimen to improve my scores and overall functional fitness. But on top of that are there any techniques or small tweaks to my training you Rangers might know that might help. I come from a heavy lifting background where my only goal was to get big which is obviously not really conducive for endurance. Thank you for your time and guidance Rangers.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Ryan.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Bronco
Quitter

Post by Bronco »

Welcome. PM inbound, AspiringRyan.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20140715

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
AspiringRyan
Embryo

Post by AspiringRyan »

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I didn't want to make a whole new post and look like a fool. My college group is taking us on a trip to The Capitol. So I'm going to have limited time to use the Internet. The trip is about two weeks as we're going to see some of the outlying areas around Capitol Hill too. I'll be continuing my PT throughout the trip and am planning on an improved PT test in about two weeks time. I've also printed off the Ranger Creed and am determined to have at the very least half of it memorized by the time I get back.
Thanks for all you do Rangers.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

If you are coming to Washington. DC. PM me and I will meet you. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
AspiringRyan
Embryo

Post by AspiringRyan »

Landed safely in DC this morning. Quite a different sight for this small town kid.
Ranger Jim, I asked about visiting friends or acquaintances while on this trip and we were told we'be got to ALWAYS be with the group of four kids we've been assigned to. That being said I don't think I'll be able to meet you on this trip. I regret this as I'm sure whatever you've got to say would be invaluable to me. Thank you so much for your offer Ranger Jim.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Your loss. Never, never quit!
AspiringRyan
Embryo

Post by AspiringRyan »

Hello Rangers. I'm back from my trip to DC. I apologize for the lateness of my pt results. I had to attend a few meetings about a rescue I took part in at workbefore i left as I am a lifeguard.
PU:66 though the last 5 were just my mind doing all the pushing so I don't know if they count
Sit ups:59
2 mile run :13:50
On a side note. During my visit to Arlington on my trip I felt a deeper feeling of respect for all that have served. So thank you for what you did or are still doing.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

AspiringRyan wrote:Hello Rangers. I'm back from my trip to DC. I apologize for the lateness of my pt results. I had to attend a few meetings about a rescue I took part in at workbefore i left as I am a lifeguard.
PU:66 though the last 5 were just my mind doing all the pushing so I don't know if they count
Sit ups:59
2 mile run :13:50
On a side note. During my visit to Arlington on my trip I felt a deeper feeling of respect for all that have served. So thank you for what you did or are still doing.
a. Add pull-ups to your routine and include them in your report.
b. You missed a golden opportunity, I give a truly detailed guided tour of Arlington National Cemetery.
c. Never, never quit!.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
MolonLabe
Embryo

Post by MolonLabe »

Jim wrote:Your loss. Never, never quit!

Ranger Jim next time I fly to D.C. I will be sure to ask for a tour of Arlington Cemetery. I've been to 25+ states and for some reason I still think Washington D.C. is the best.

MolonLabe
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” - Mark Twain

"Find something you would die for and live for it." - (Unknown)
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

MolonLabe wrote:
Jim wrote:Your loss. Never, never quit!

Ranger Jim next time I fly to D.C. I will be sure to ask for a tour of Arlington Cemetery. I've been to 25+ states and for some reason I still think Washington D.C. is the best.

MolonLabe
When you graduate from RASP, we'll do it!
AspiringRyan
Embryo

Post by AspiringRyan »

Understood Ranger Jim. Pull-ups will be a part of my pt reports.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”