Father of Slain SEAL: Who Made the Decision Not to SaveMySon

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Father of Slain SEAL: Who Made the Decision Not to SaveMySon

Post by Steadfast »

Father of Slain SEAL: Who Made the Decision Not to Save My Son?
On meeting Obama: “Could not look me in the eye … like shaking hands with a dead fish.”
6:18 PM, OCT 25, 2012 • By Daniel Halper

Charles Woods, the father Tyrone Woods, who was killed in the 9/11 terrorist attack at the American consulate in Benghazi, Libya, reveals details of meeting Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton at the publically broadcast memorial service for the slain Americans at Andrews Air Force Base only days after the attack. And, in a recent radio appearance, Woods publicly questions who made the call not to send in back-up forces to possibly save his son’s life, as well as the three other Americans killed in Benghazi (which includes the American ambassador to Libya).

“When [Obama] came over to our little area” at Andrew Air Force Base, says Woods, “he kind of just mumbled, you know, ‘I’m sorry.’ His face was looking at me, but his eyes were looking over my shoulder like he could not look me in the eye. And it was not a sincere, ‘I’m really sorry, you know, that you’re son died,’ but it was totally insincere, more of whining type, ‘I’m sorry.’”

more
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Father of Slain SEAL: Who Made the Decision Not to SaveM

Post by Jim »

This has been a disgraceful incident.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Torro1/75
Inprocessing

Post by Torro1/75 »

Shame on the Dept. of State. Shame on the executive branch. God Bless America
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Somewhere in the long, long list of those who received the emailed pleas for support from the ambassador is someone wearing a uniform... maybe as high as General Petraeus. What I want to know is who is the ball-less wonder that just stood there watching our people die, and would not say "fuck it" send in the Marine FAST team. He would be a hero now. He might be out of a job, but he would have the respect of his fellow Rangers... and of the United States.

What fucking part of "never leave a fallen comrade" did you not understand?
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

rgrokelley wrote:Somewhere in the long, long list of those who received the emailed pleas for support from the ambassador is someone wearing a uniform... maybe as high as General Petraeus. What I want to know is who is the ball-less wonder that just stood there watching our people die, and would not say "fuck it" send in the Marine FAST team. He would be a hero now. He might be out of a job, but he would have the respect of his fellow Rangers... and of the United States.

What fucking part of "never leave a fallen comrade" did you not understand?

Patreus and any other GO you're ever likely to meet have all sold thier honor and integrity to achive the rank they did. They have to...to get confirmed by Congress.

They'll make the excuse (sometimes to themselves) that they are following ordes because they are a "consumate professional". Really they are following orders so they don't lose thier meal ticket.

I don't trust anyone with stars on thier chest even when that star is surrounded by a wreath and chevrons.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

rangertough wrote: I don't trust anyone with stars on thier chest even when that star is surrounded by a wreath and chevrons.

Tough
I agree 200%. Trust, as respect, is earned not given.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Very, very sad day for America!!! God bless those Seals!!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

And, like I stated before, if this is true, this general will be a hero.
RS - DHG 5-85
RangersNana
Rangers Nana

Post by RangersNana »

Hello Rangers, I hope I am not over stepping my welcome,I am so OUTRAGED over this! How dare our President not react to this situation! All I can think about is what if my grandsons were faced with this ,I want my Country back,I want a Commander and Chief That loves our Country,Cares about our Troops. I am very distraught over this.I pray this election will turn things around.Sincerely,One Sick Nana. And as Always Thank You Rangers!
RangersNana
Rangers Nana

Post by RangersNana »

Can someone explain to me how this man Every Became President? I worry that he will pull something like Martial Law to stay in WH. O my stomach hurts! Again,Please correct me if I am out of line. My Deepest Respect to all of you and Our Troops! God Bless and be with America
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

RangersNana wrote:Hello Rangers, I hope I am not over stepping my welcome,I am so OUTRAGED over this! How dare our President not react to this situation! All I can think about is what if my grandsons were faced with this ,I want my Country back,I want a Commander and Chief That loves our Country,Cares about our Troops. I am very distraught over this.I pray this election will turn things around.Sincerely,One Sick Nana. And as Always Thank You Rangers!
Hello Rangers, Veterans, Families and friends of those serving our Country,
If I may also step quickly into this lane to say I agree with RangersNana... Times Two (X's 2) to all that RangersNana has posted!!!

And times Two (X's2) to what RgrOkelley posted "And, like I stated before, if this is true, this general(General Carter Ham) will be a hero."

I pray that these dangerous, unsafe times for Americans is reigned in and addressed swiftly with the upcoming election. That little is being said about General Carter Ham being relieved speaks volumes that there is so much more to it then what the public is being told!

Thank you for all who protect our Country and to their families and friends supporting them your have my deepest thanks too! Jenny
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
RangersNana
Rangers Nana

Post by RangersNana »

Thank You Ms Jenny Lynn for your response,I know we all feel this way,we simply must pray that God will change the course of this Country. God Bless our Troops,Families, Our beloved Vets for paving the road and of course our Spec Ops teams. I so honor you all,so grateful to all of you for your sacrifices.Thank You Rangers!!
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

The newest spin is that General Ham didn't get relieved... he is just being rotated out, due to normal command change. However Ham wasn't supposed to be changed until March 2013. Also the announcement for him being "changed" came when Leon Panetta walked appeared at a mundane press conference on October 18th titled “Efforts to Enhance the Financial Health of the Force." New organizations were told that this briefing wasn't that newsworthy, so they didn't need to be there. Panetta's unannounced visit brought him to the stage, where he stated "Today I am very pleased to announce that President Obama will nominate General David Rodriguez to succeed General Carter Ham as commander of U.S. Africa Command.”, then left.

Another spin is that General Ham is not relieved, he is still in charge until the Senate confirms General Rodriquez's appointment.

You spin me right round baby right round, like a record baby right round, round, round
RS - DHG 5-85

Return to “The News Dump”