Shooting at Ft Bragg Today

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
PerryB
Recruiting for the Darkside

Post by PerryB »

One Soldier from the 525th Battlefield Surveillance Brigade is dead and two others are wounded following a shooting incident June 28, 2012.

During a unit safety brief a Soldier shot another member of the unit and then turned the weapon on himself. The shooter was injured and is in custody. A third Soldier who was in the area was also slightly wounded in the shooting.

“This is a tragedy for our community. We don’t yet know the reasons for the shooting, but are working with the unit and the affected Families to help them through this difficult period,” said Col. Kevin Arata, XVIII Airborne Corps and Fort Bragg Public Affairs Officer.

“Our prayers are with those who have been affected by this terrible incident,” Arata said.

Fort Bragg law enforcement and emergency responders secured the scene within minutes at the corner of Letterman and Armistead Streets.

Special Agents from the Army Criminal Investigation Command are on the scene and have begun an investigation.

Man thoughts and prayers to the victims.
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

Conflicting reports right now on the status of the shooter. Some news reports are advising the shooter off'd himself, and others are as posted here.

Bottom line is this is a senseless tragedy and my prayers to the victims and their families.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.

Return to “The News Dump”