Ranger chances

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
TexasPride91
Embryo

Ranger chances

Post by TexasPride91 »

I want to get option 40 in my contract but, I feel that I will not be ready for Ranger school . How are my chances of getting to Ranger school down the road without getting it in my contract?
Baseplate
Ranger

Re: Ranger chances

Post by Baseplate »

With that attitude it won't really matter
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
TexasPride91
Embryo

Post by TexasPride91 »

I want to do it. But I know im not physically ready for it. What im trying to say is I think I need to be in for a bit before I go. How does the process work if I take that road?
Worldweaver
Ranger

Post by Worldweaver »

First do some pushups for a lack of attention to detail. Then do some pushups for not knowing (researching) the difference between Ranger School and RASP. Then do MANY pushups for not being "READY" to attend Ranger School. After that I would be happy to discuss your ability to obtain your military goals in the future.
Go Tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obedient to their laws we lie.
--Simonides

Bco. 1/75 2006-2010
RS 06-08
boscounderfoot
Ranger

Post by boscounderfoot »

Don't waste your time Worldweaver, it's apparent that even the simplest details are escaping this kid, as his intro states he wants to be a Range. At this point, he should decide what kind of range he wants to be and not worry so much about his lack of physical fitness......And I'm pretty sure he won't need to worry about the OPT40 for that job, so problem solved.

Did I miss something? I know it's been a while since I last checked in but did someone decide that these kids don't have to address us as "Ranger" anymore? If I'm wrong on this, I'll gladly elevate my feet and beat my face.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

STFU,

I don't recall any of our Rangers asking you zlw5009 to come into this topic and make a post. You are here to learn, not preach.
You better go back & re-read the FAQ's (1st FAQ - Intro FAQ - New members read and heed!) yourself because it says that unless you are a veteran (which you aren't) bla bla bla . . . .

50 pu & don't come back in this topic.

zlw5009 wrote:TexasPride91 - Like you, I want to be a Ranger. Unlike you, failure is not an option, earlier this year, I assessed myself and knew I wasn't in the physical condition needed to operate successfully within a Ranger Bat. So I fixed that. I busted my ass and I continue to do so. I do my PT everyday, never veer from it and I don't pussy foot it through my PT. Then I spend my nights before going to bed, reading this forum. I'm going to cut my advice down as to this is the second time I'm typing this because my browser screwed up and erased everything I already typed when I finished replying to your thread.

We are sitting on a gold mine of information that most Rangers that have gone before us never had access to, so use it to your advantage. It's up to you to that the initiative to find that information. Your questions have been answered already. I'm not going to point you where to go to get the answer other than to the search tab located by your login status. USE IT! If you don't have specific questions, search the hell out of this site. The section of the forum that we are located in right now is the Recruiting Process area where you will find ALL the information you need to get the ball rolling in the direction of getting to Bat. There is also the BCT/AIT (OSUT), BAC (Airborne), RASP (Ranger Assessment and Selection Program), areas that will give you ALL THE INFORMATION you will need to know anything you could possibly want to know. READ AND HEED! <-- Learn to love that phrase. Practice it DAILY! NO ONE is going to personally hand you the information you want to get to Bat. NO ONE is going to give you the motivation, ambition, and attitude you need to get there either. START DOING IT YOURSELF! No one in life is going to spoon feed you, the resources are there if you want them, it's up to you to go find them.

From my outlook on getting to Bat. I will never quit, it's not an option for me, and that's nothing special about me, it's how everyone of these Rangers operate. If quitting is in your vocabulary, than you don't deserve a spot in Bat. There are two topics that are now stickies posted by Ranger cdwdirect located in the RASP section, i'm not going to tell you the titles of them, just go look for them. Ranger cdwdirect provides a priceless amount of information in just those two topics that should be read by every Ranger wanna be. Also, go read the FAQ's and also the rules and guidelines to use this website, if you've already read them, go read them again. Detail here is extremely important, and they do that for a reason. Detail is important everywhere you work, ESPECIALLY in the Ranger Bat. You need to realize that operating on a military team, others are putting their lives in your hands and relying on you to complete your part in the mission to get them and their fellow teammates out alive and the mission successful. DETAIL, DETAIL, DETAIL is something that is inevitably used NO MATTER WHAT! Learn to use it. You'll use it for the rest of your life in Bat. or not. There is nothing on this site that is worthless reading so I advice you to read EVERYTHING. Date doesn't matter, if it's still up, it's still worth reading. You can never have to much knowledge.

I hope you take the information here seriously and use it to your advantage. If you won't start now, you never will! Also, read the Ranger Creed. It's the lifestyle of a Ranger and if you can't follow it now, then there is no need to waste the time of others because you won't be able to follow it then. Do what you need to do to get where you want to go, because no one is going to do it for you. Don't forget that.

Good luck on your future ambitions.

Remember: These words need to be stamped into your everyday vocabulary.
INITIATIVE
AMBITION
MOTIVATION
DETAIL
READ & HEED
PT, PT, PT

and these ones need to be erased from your vocabulary:
quit
quitting
give up
gave up
can't