Moderator: Site Admin

AIRBORNEVET
US Army Veteran

Intro for AIRBORNEVET

Post by AIRBORNEVET »

Served Aug/85-Aug/87 as a 12C in Co. E 23rd Engineer Battalion Hanau, Germany
Re-enlisted under 18X Program in Aug/91
Completed Airborne at Ft. Benning Georgia Sep/91
Began SFAS at Fort Bragg/Camp Mackall North Carolina on 06/Nov/91 as part of class 2-92 and was selected for Special Forces Training 26/Nov/91
Attended XVIII Airborne Corps PLDC at Ft. Bragg North Carolina 19/Feb/92-19/Mar/92
Attended Special Forces Engineer Sergeant Course(included BNCOC) at Ft. Bragg/Camp Mackall North Carolina 29/Jun/92-18/Dec/92 and awarded the Primary MOS of 18C20 at this time
Attended THAI (TH) SOF Functional Language Course at Ft. Bragg North Carolina 04/Jan/93-18/Jun/93
Assigned to Co. A 3rd Battalion 1SFG(A) ODA 172 at Fort Lewis Washington Jul/93
ETS U.S. Army Oct/1996 as a SSG

Was 1SFG(A) NCO of the year and USASFC NCO of the year Runner Up in 1994
Attended and graduated SERE course at Ft. Bragg, EIB and JumpMaster courses at Ft. Lewis as well as did numerous deployments while with ODA 172.

Hope this Intro is satisfactory. Can provide orders for all the above or DD-214's and Honorable Discharges if needed to verify.

I am joining as my son enlisted with a Option 40 Contract and graduated Basic and Infantry on 06/May/11 at Fort Benning Georgia and was then sent to 75th Ranger Regiment instead of Airborne school first--I assume to wait for his RASP class date. I'm sure until his class starts he is receiving some much needed "Personal attention" and getting his head in check in the meantime... :lol: I hope to meet others who have either went through Ranger training or have loved ones currently going through this. Also let me thank all those on this page for their service. From one Veteran to all the others it is greatly appreciated.

Have a very SF Day
"De Oppresso Liber"
Father of a current 3/75 Warrior
18C20 1993-1996 1SFG(A) Ft. Lewis, Washington 1993-1996
Special Forces Engineer Sergeant Course 29/Jun/92-18/Dec/92
SFAS Class 2-92
U.S. Army Airborne School 1991
Re-enlist as 18X 1991
1985-1987 12C Co. E 23rd Engineer Battalion Hanau, Germany

"Admit nothing, Deny everything, Make counter-accusations"
Mingo Kane
Ranger

Re: Intro for AIRBORNEVET

Post by Mingo Kane »

Welcome and thank you and your son for your service to this great country.
B Co. 1st/75th 1983-86
Mentor to JTEL1
garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by garyedolan »

Thank you for your Warrior service to our country and for raising a patriotic son in whom you are justifiably proud!
Gary "28"
Co C (RGR), 75 Inf (ABN) '70-'71
USMA 69; RGR 4-70; RHOF-2011
http://oftheirownaccord.com

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com and thanks for your service to our great country. I know you are proud of you son, as you should be!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Green hat. . . thank you for your service.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome, and best wishes for your son.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome, thank you for your service. This is the place for all the information you want. Many topic areas dealing with what your son will be experiencing, if you can't find it ask away.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
AIRBORNEVET
US Army Veteran

Post by AIRBORNEVET »

Thanks all for the warm welcome. It's amazing how after so many years of being out it only takes one day of being on a Ranger affiliated website to feel like I'm back home and where I belong. To those of you who run this site I must commend you all on the professionalism and tactful way it is set up and operated. Young soldiers wishing to pursue being a Ranger and their loved ones should be extremely grateful and thankful to have a place they can go for information and to communicate and learn from those who have lived the "Ranger way of life." You have my personal thanks for that. Sure had nothing like this when I went through on the SF side. I also hope my intro was not too much as sometimes I feel uncomfortable saying it. Hell sometimes I can't believe I did some of it. Not to mention it does not even compare (nor would ever try to make it) to those who have experienced actual war and are on this page. I just wanted to justify my service as I've been called out too many times to remember over the years as not having been in SF. Not that it really matters in the end I am comfortable and know my accomplishments and need not prove something to others epecially the ones who have not even defended this great nation. Guess to some civillians I didn't fit their "John Rambo" or "Arnold" ideology....lol Of course we all know it comes down to alot more than just the physical attributes of an individual to get through SOF training. Anyway I will probably be mostly in the background as I prefer to "Watch, listen, and learn." Lunch hits the nail on the head with this statement, "If you can't be smart, at least be quiet til you know who's in the fucking room." Freakin love that. As far as my son well its time to see if he has the metal and worth to be in a entity that's about those around you and not yourself. The only advice he got from me (other than the way I raised him) was, "Just don't quit." I believe looking at the ATRRS system if the information is correct the next RASP class report date is 5/19/11 and the start date is 5/23/11. I'm glad it worked out the way it did as he went straight to RASP and not Airborne on 5/06/11. I assume he's gonna receive some fierce PT at Regiment to get that ass in shape and prepare. At this point I have not heard from him since 5/6/11 when he texted his brother and said he was off to Airborne school after his Infantry graduation. Had to chuckle when I found out they are sending some to RASP first on the US Army Airborne Facebook page. Would have liked to have been there to see exactly how pale white his face turned when he realized he wasn't in Kansas anymore. While most parents seem to have a fit and are peeing their pants when they don't hear from there son I am actually happy as to me it means he's hanging tough. Sometimes in the military "No news is good news." Have a great weekend all and thanks again for the kind words. I'm anxious to see if my son has the intestinal fortitude and heart we all had. No matter what happens in RASP at least he will not have to ever say "Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda," as he actually volunteered and tried and for that he will always have my respect.
SFAS Class 2-92
Re-enlist as 18X 1991

mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

Welcome here and good luck to your son.

I know how you feel about the boy. My son is an 11B who is just finishing up a tour in A-stan with 101st. His mother worries and I just feel glad that he's not working at BK, smoking dope and living in my basement. Whatever else he does in his life, at least he stepped up.

Like everyone else said, you'll find a wealth of information on the site.

Welcome again.
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18
C co 308th MI '18-Present

Keep your mind in hell and despair not.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Welcome SF.
There's a lot of parents here, someone should be by to intro you into their particular world. With your SOF background, you'll be able to help some of them who never served understand the particular realities of your son's careers.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

Damn Sho' welcome here! 8)
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
AIRBORNEVET
US Army Veteran

Post by AIRBORNEVET »

A quick note on my son. Apparently his cell phone service ran out and this was why he did not call after his Infantry Graduation. He did not go directly to RASP, only the individuals who did not have a Option 40 contract and were offered RASP during AIT and accepted, went straight to RASP. He just got a new phone today and called to let us know he is in Airborne School and is going into his second week. Advised him to "Hit the hole pole man hit the hole." ;) He did say may not do the 250' tower as this is very weather dependent anymore. Anyway obviously assumed he was at RASP which now makes a "ASS" out of me. Guess the old man better get his "Operator head space and timing in check" before releasing any new info. Appears he will not make the May RASP class due to his Airborne Graduation being a week after this starts and will have to wait until the August RASP class. He is actually happy as he feels the extra training time will only benefit him and make the odds of his possible success that much better, which I agree. He loves it so far and has met a exceptional group of friends and fellow soldiers already. He is a 11C which he has heard the Ranger Battalions currently need. (I told him have fun humping those base plates!!) This was the first time his stepmother and I have talked to him personally on the phone since he left in January to go to Basic so it was a pleasant surprise. He said his 2mile run time at the completion of Basic was a 10:33 so he already bested my time while I was in. (Little shit) I hope this finds you all and your loved ones in good health and safe. Oh and for those individuals looking to go into a Airborne or SOF unit here's food for thought. Train your butt off prior to leaving as my son said there was a soldier in his Basic/AIT class who had 173rd Airborne Brigade in Vicenza Italy if he completed Airborne School. Failed the Airborne PT test and is now up for worldwide assignment. For all those looking to take this route NEVER-EVER think you have trained enough. ;)
SFAS Class 2-92
Re-enlist as 18X 1991

mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

AIRBORNEVET wrote:He is a 11C. (I told him have fun humping those base plates!!)
Next time you talk to your boy, let him know how lucky he is. Mortars are the shit, especially in(1st) Ranger Bn. I loved that shit. Even pushing the 120 trailer. :twisted:

When I first got tagged to be an 11C, I was pissed. Now I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18
C co 308th MI '18-Present

Keep your mind in hell and despair not.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Return to “Introduction Archive”