Rangers, I need some advice

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Baseplate
Ranger

Re: Rangers, I need some advice

Post by Baseplate »

It is up to you. Talk to your family but remember the decision is yours. I don't know all of the details of your life but I would go see a recruiter now and try to DEP in after this semester is over. That leaves plenty of time to do PT.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

I went to school for a year before I jooined and then went back after I got out of the army. I had way more fun the 2nd time
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

I went back to college at the age of 29. I had a very successful experience. I had more money, more experience, and got good grades. At 51, I completed my MA at Georgetown; and now know why State Department is the way it is. Everyone at State goes to Georgetown while they are working in Washington, DC. Your age will not matter a lot.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

hitchafide wrote:
Zonk 1/75 wrote:Going to college in your mid twenties? You do realize what the age of the majority of female classmates will be? :D

You WILL be more mature, more focused and get better grades. School is much more of a pleasure when you are there by choice.

How far off are you from your Associates Degree?
Ranger Zonk, I have eight of the twenty six I need in order to graduate with an AA. To me, thats just TOO long to wait. I am going to go back for a semester while I wait for boot camp. Thinking this will be a good idea, seeing I will still be striving for my bachelors. With PT 5 days out of the week.

And the girls 8) :D
WTF, I thought you were actually looking for a thoughtful decision. If you have made your decision within three hours, you are not being very thoughtful.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

It is never a good thing when Ranger Jim starts off a post with "WTF". Seriously.

A lot, and I mean a LOT of knowledge available to you with just those Rangers that have already posted for you young man, don't take advantage of that by being wishy-washy or having them feel they've wasted time on you.

Every step you take from here on out is an important one.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

I had already graduated from college with a BS degree before the service. I am an example of someone who would have gotten more out of college if I had gone after the service. As you mentioned I could have had it paid for too.

Now, I did use my GI bill to get my Commercial and Instrument pilot licenses. That was kind of fun. I am not busting your balls, but 'Quitting" can become a habit. If you want to become a Ranger, there is no quitting. Do not waste you chance if you take it!!!!!!!!!!!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537

Return to “The Mosh Pit”