The 75th Ranger Regiment and Family... Do they mix?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

HooahParatrooper
US Army

Post by HooahParatrooper »

Good evening, Rangers. I've been thinking about this a lot, because I consider it a very important issue: family. I hear all the time that special operations soldiers have some of the highest divorce rates in the military because their jobs are so demanding on them and consume a lot of their time. I'm just curious if the 75th Ranger Regiment is pro-family or not. I know that I'm only 19, and that I don't plan on being a father or husband any time soon, but since I'm planning on being a lifer, it's a legitimate worry of mine.

Without getting too personal, may I ask if any of you Rangers successfully raised a family in Batt? Can I at least get confirmation that it's possible to raise a family in Batt? Or is it just a pipe dream? Will I have to choose between the Rangers and everything else?

Thanks for your time, and thanks for your service.

All the way
Before Marines go to bed at night, they look under their beds for Rangers.
Dan B 3/75
Ranger

Re: The 75th Ranger Regiment and Family... Do they mix?

Post by Dan B 3/75 »

It all depends on the chick you marry....

Regiment is more active than "Big Army", but the duration of the field problems are not as long, and they do a better job of trying to incorporate recovery periods in the training cycle. Over all, Regiment does a MUCH better job of time management than does "Big Army".

In the end, it all comes down to what the gal you marry is willing to put up.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

DO NOT run off and marry the first cock gobbler you meet outside the gate just because she gives great head.

You'll be deployed and she'll be sucking dick in between getter fatter and watching fucking soap operas while she squanders away your bank account at the bar every night looking for more cock and then hitting the shoe store the next day so she can look good while she's out that night, burping up cum bubbles with her fucking vodka at The Black Angus or The Madigan Club.

These young women are fucking trained to do this, seriously, they have an FM on how to get government funding from young GI's.

You'll get all butt hurt, you'll be all fucked on your deployments and she'll be laughing at the trailor park attorneys office wondering how many more pairs of shoes she can buy while she's sucking the attorneys dick.

Wait until you have a few years at a minimum and understand the workings of deployments and families and the type of woman it takes to stand by you, and stand strong for your 'hypothetical' family in the future. There's a lot of great women out there looking for good men, they still give great head and only get better and hornier with age, but you gotta sift thru the bullshit pole smokers waiting by the gate for several yrs until you know it is the right one and the right time (again, not just because she gives great head).

Your first several years should be concentrated on your buddies, your mission, and your career goals. Plenty of pussy and beer to go around in the meantime.

Wear a fucking jimmy. Remember the GateGobblers FM I spoke of, they'll be plotting agin' you.

Can I get an Amen Brothers! You all know what I'm talking about.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

As Dan B 3/75 stated, it all boils down to who you marry. Divorce rates are high in any career that keeps you away more than 8 hours a day. The woman I am married to now was my wife through eight years of law enforcement, my Ranger career, and several other jobs. Along the way, we raised two awesome young men, who are currently leaders in high school in the classroom, on the athletic fields, and in the choices they've made. She is a strong woman, and she's in it for the long haul.

The 75th Ranger Rgt. is very pro-family. The wives have a fantastic support system that really helps when you are deployed. Yes, the mission comes first, but every attempt is made to make it a smooth transition for your family.

I have also seen young Rangers fall by the wayside after "falling in love" with the first stripper they see on Victory Drive, as Cams alluded to. My advice would be, join the 75th to be a Ranger, not to find a wife. :lol:

Hope this helped.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

cams wrote:DO NOT run off and marry the first cock gobbler you meet outside the gate just because she gives great head.

You'll be deployed and she'll be sucking dick in between getter fatter and watching fucking soap operas while she squanders away your bank account at the bar every night looking for more cock and then hitting the shoe store the next day so she can look good while she's out that night, burping up cum bubbles with her fucking vodka at The Black Angus or The Madigan Club.

These young women are fucking trained to do this, seriously, they have an FM on how to get government funding from young GI's.

You'll get all butt hurt, you'll be all fucked on your deployments and she'll be laughing at the trailor park attorneys office wondering how many more pairs of shoes she can buy while she's sucking the attorneys dick.

Wait until you have a few years at a minimum and understand the workings of deployments and families and the type of woman it takes to stand by you, and stand strong for your 'hypothetical' family in the future. There's a lot of great women out there looking for good men, they still give great head and only get better and hornier with age, but you gotta sift thru the bullshit pole smokers waiting by the gate for several yrs until you know it is the right one and the right time (again, not just because she gives great head).

Your first several years should be concentrated on your buddies, your mission, and your career goals. Plenty of pussy and beer to go around in the meantime.

Wear a fucking jimmy. Remember the GateGobblers FM I spoke of, they'll be plotting agin' you.

Wow, not disagreeing with you but whoa brother.
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

Truly sage advice here, very well expressed.

I'm just a FOG, but I have seen that scenario played out so many times it isn't funny.

It has been true for eons. The names and places may change, but the characters remain the same throughout the years.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Lunch wrote:
cams wrote:DO NOT run off and marry the first cock gobbler you meet outside the gate just because she gives great head.

Amen!

That ain't no shit, and it sure sounds like a BTDT story if I ever heard one.
Thankfully no, I'm too ornery and grumpy to fall for it, but I saw several Ranger buddies go thru it and it ruined them.

As Lefty said, this is almost a time honored tradition, for this to happen to at least several young hooahs a year coming in. Different time, different place, same ole' game.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

If more than one dude in your company has banged her slip away. If she is under 21 slip away. If she is or used to be a stripper slip away. If she knows your chain of command better than you do slip away. there are plenty more but you get the hint
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Dan B 3/75
Ranger

Post by Dan B 3/75 »

Can I get an Amen Brothers!
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

I have seen dudes that have treated their wives pretty poorly, and their marriage survived.

I have seen dudes that have treated their wives like fucking QUEENS, and the bitches cheated on them, and they were divorced.

I have seen dumb motherfuckers marry strippers and barracks whores, with a predictable end result.

I have seen Platoon Sergeants that have been married for 12 + years get divorces due to finally catching their whore wives cheating on them.

The hardest part is being a leader, and seeing one of your dumb ass Joe's falling into the marriage trap with some cunt who you KNOW is just in it for the money. In my last years, I have seen bitches LITERALLY time their marriages with unit deployments. Those bitches should be hung.

I stayed single.

I was realistic in that there was NO fucking way I could NOT bring "work" home, which in turn, would result in divorce. Fuck that.....

There is plenty of time for marriage, and for me, it is AFTER service.

That's just me though....
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

HooahParatrooper wrote:Good evening, Rangers. I've been thinking about this a lot, because I consider it a very important issue: family. I hear all the time that special operations soldiers have some of the highest divorce rates in the military because their jobs are so demanding on them and consume a lot of their time. I'm just curious if the 75th Ranger Regiment is pro-family or not. I know that I'm only 19, and that I don't plan on being a father or husband any time soon, but since I'm planning on being a lifer, it's a legitimate worry of mine.

Without getting too personal, may I ask if any of you Rangers successfully raised a family in Batt? Can I at least get confirmation that it's possible to raise a family in Batt? Or is it just a pipe dream? Will I have to choose between the Rangers and everything else?

Thanks for your time, and thanks for your service.

All the way
I know a few men that had a strong marriage and family life while in the Regiment. These are the exceptions and not the rule.
It was hard before when I was in, I believe it is exponentially more difficult with a war on.
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

You can tell an Airborne Ranger by his wife...BY HIS WIFE
cause she fucks like a baboon you can ask the whole platoon
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister

Return to “The Mosh Pit”