68W Option 4 or 11X Option 40

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
68W_OR_11B
Egg

68W Option 4 or 11X Option 40

Post by 68W_OR_11B »

Hola,

I originally attempted to enlist in USAF as a PJ and could not get an age waiver to join (current age 31).

I gravitated towards the PJs because of the balance the MOS provides between "high speed" and "saving lives".

Now I am proceeding with the Army Active Duty enlistment process looking for the Army equivalent of a USAF PJ.

Does it exist?

I just finished my physical yesterday and I am torn between MOS 68W Option 4 and 11X Option 40.

With respect to MOS 68W, my long term goal would be to work towards gaining the W1 or F6 ASI to balance 68W with the "high speed" component. What is the likelihood of achieving either one of those ASIs if you have high APFT and AIT scores? What other factors do I need to take into consideration?

My recruiter is of the opinion that the chances of becoming a W1 or an F6 are very slim regardless of my performance and is pushing me to 11X Option 40 instead.

The recruiters believes you are better off guaranteeing "high speed" with 11X Option 40 instead of signing up as a 68W where the days of "high speed" and "saving lives" may never come...

Any insight would be tremendously appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

My ASVAB score is 97 and my physical profile score is 111111.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Re: 68W Option 4 or 11X Option 40

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com. You need to post an introduction in the proper thread and be sure you read all the stickys. Please read and heed the ROE PM (Private Message) that I have sent you.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537

Return to “Recruitment Process”