Truths For Mature Humans

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Truths For Mature Humans

Post by Ranger Ron »

Truths For Mature Humans

1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

5. How the heck are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

6. Was learning cursive really necessary?

7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

10. Bad decisions make good stories.

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.

13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.

14. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this - ever.

15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voice mail. What did you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?

16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.

17. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

18. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

19. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.

20. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

21. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.

22. I would rather try to carry 10 over-loaded plastic bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.

23. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text.

24. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

25. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?

26. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!

27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.

28. Is it just me or do high school kids get dumber & dumber every year?

29. There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.

30. As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate bicyclists.

31. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.

32. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time !
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Re: Truths For Mature Humans

Post by K.Ingraham »

RangerRon wrote:Truths For Mature Humans

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
Especially when that argument is with your boss. :evil:
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

Between laughing at them all, I was agreeing completely.

The one about rewatching a movie from your youth was the only one I wanted to change, I rewatched one from my youth and realized I was an idiot for liking it.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

Those are damn funny !!

And true !!!
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

#25 was the cause of me getting hearing aids. I got tired of wondering if they'd just asked me if I was gay when I was doing the smiling and nodding. :?
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:
Slowpoke wrote:#25 was the cause of me getting hearing aids. I got tired of wondering if they'd just asked me if I was gay when I was doing the smiling and nodding. :?
Well???? :shock:
Well......not really! I've done hundreds of women and only four or five men. :twisted:
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

Remember....its only gay if he pushes back.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

All too accurate, Ron.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

TaylorRay wrote:Eh, yea 28 is probably more true than any of them...I live it. You can tell things are getting bad when Peter from Family Guy is considered the hands down, funniest thing you will ever see. Lord help my generation, half of my age group had to google who Bin Laden was.

We had a saying when I was growing up that said the kids were supposed to be seen and not heard. Well around here we don't even like to see the kids. From now on when you think you should post something do 50 push ups and then see if you really want to post it.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Worldweaver
Ranger

Post by Worldweaver »

Ok, TaylorRay. I've been following your posts for a while now. You have apologized for your lack of attention to detail and you have been corrected by me and numerous other Ranger's multiple times. Apparently you have no idea what it means to keep a low profile and "READ MORE POST LESS!!!!!" I understand that you are very young (16 years old) and you don't yet fully appreciate the Men you are in contact with. Understand that I am a veteran of OIF and OEF and have served in this capacity for multiple years, I won't go in to the details of my service and it shouldn't be pertinent anyways. I have a great respect for all of these Men on this site and I still feel uncomfortable approaching many of them to this day, their service is far superior to that of anything I would every hope to contribute to this Nation. I take it as a personal insult when you are corrected by members of this site and continue to post bullshit without any worry for the corrections you have received. Maybe it's the Memorial Day season or I'm just that sensitive about it, but I will tell you correct you once more...Do not contribute to threads when you have nothing to contribute to!! Do not post, do not suggest, do not offer any opinions that are not supported by indisputable FACT. I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm trying to suggest that if you cannot follow these simple suggestions you don't belong here. I wish you the best of luck with your endeavors in life and hope that you get the message after this and don't take this as an attack on your person. "with this or on this"

RLTW
Go Tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obedient to their laws we lie.
--Simonides

Bco. 1/75 2006-2010
RS 06-08

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”