Proof that Staff Sergeants are about the smartest!

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Proof that Staff Sergeants are about the smartest!

Post by Ranger Ron »

One day the general was interviewing three soldiers, prospects for his headquarters staff.
The first was an aviator captain, and it was a great interview. At the end of the interview the general asked him, "Do you notice anything different about me?"
The young officer answered, "Why, yes, Sir, I couldn't help but notice that you have no ears."
The general got very angry at his lack of tact and threw him out.
The second interview was with a logistics Lieutenant, and he was even better. The general then asked him the same question, "Do you notice anything different about me?"
He replied sheepishly, "Well, Sir, you have no ears."
The general, now, really pissed, threw him out also.
The third interview was with a Staff Sergeant, an infantryman-Air Defender and Staff NCO. He was articulate, looked extremely sharp and seemed to know more than the two officers combined. The general wanted this guy, and went ahead with the same question, "Do you notice anything different about me?"
To his surprise the sergeant said, "Yes, Sir, you wear contact lenses."
The general was very impressed and thought, what an incredibly observant NCO, and he didn't mention my ears. "And how do you know that I wear contacts?" the General asked.
"Well, Sir," the SSG replied, "it's pretty hard to wear glasses with no fuckin' ears."
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Re: Proof that Staff Sergeants are about the smartest!

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

al_2ndWolfhounds wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one.
X2
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
merlyn
Tadpole

Re:Proof that Staff Sargeants are about the smartest

Post by merlyn »

There was this young and very aspiring business man, who wanted
to show himself to be worthy of his newly aquired administrative
position in his company. He was in need of a new admin assistant,
and wanted to impress his friends with his decision-making skills.
He decided to ask the three cadidates for the position the same
question....if I gave you $5,000.00, what would you do with it?
The first woman said that she would spend the money on him, so
that he would have a more polished and professional appearance.
The second woman said that if she were the new admin assistant,
she would spend the money on herself to look like the admin
assistant he would be proud of. The third woman said that she
would invest the money and double it. Then, she would give back
the $5,000.00 and keep the rest. Which woman did the man hire?
The one with the biggest tits....its a man thing.
Last edited by merlyn on June 18th, 2010, 6:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
507th Air Ambulance
21st Field Evac Hospital
41st MASH
Walter Reed Army Medical Center
Brook Army Medical Center

I have slipped the surely bonds of Earth; put out my hand and touched the face of God.

To give less than your best is to sacrafice the gift.
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

RangerRon wrote:One day the general was interviewing three soldiers, prospects for his headquarters staff.
The first was an aviator captain, and it was a great interview. At the end of the interview the general asked him, "Do you notice anything different about me?"
The young officer answered, "Why, yes, Sir, I couldn't help but notice that you have no ears."
The second interview was with a logistics Lieutenant, and he was even better. The general then asked him the same question, "Do you notice anything different about me?"
The third interview was with a Staff Sergeant, an infantryman-Air Defender and Staff NCO. He was articulate, looked extremely sharp and seemed to know more than the two officers combined. The general wanted this guy, and went ahead with the same question, "Do you notice anything different about me?"
The general was very impressed and thought, what an incredibly observant NCO, and he didn't mention my ears. "And how do you know that I wear contacts?" the General asked.
"Well, Sir," the SSG replied, "it's pretty hard to wear glasses with no fuckin' ears."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If it wasn't for us Sergeants, the Army would grind to a stop in about.......oh.....an hour or so. 8)
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

RANGER513 wrote:
RangerRon wrote:One day the general was interviewing three soldiers, prospects for his headquarters staff.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If it wasn't for us Sergeants, the Army would grind to a stop in about.......oh.....an hour or so. 8)
And conversely, if we didn't have any officers? We'd have not only won every battle in every war, we'd have won every war in about a year and we'd own a big chunk of Russia right now too! :lol:
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
NC Ranger dad
Embryo

Post by NC Ranger dad »

Maybe it's just me ... but ... THAT, THERE IS FUNNY !!!! ... ALL OF IT !!! (Had to find and install my glasses on my ears to type this ... ) :D
NC Ranger dad

The goal of one’s journey through life should not be to travel carefully so as to arrive at The End in a well preserved body. Rather, one should live Boldly and strive to skid-in sideways, smiling but completely worn out, while shouting, “WHEW … That was a HELLUVA Ride !!”

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”