Fumbles osut sitrep

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Fumbles
Future Soldier

Fumbles osut sitrep

Post by Fumbles »

Right now I'm on the bus from Atlanta airport to Ft. Benning. From Monday morning till now it's been non-stop with no sleep, but it's no biggy. All the travel has been awsome so far. I guess I will have more to say on the far side in something like 16 weeks. I just hope I'm what they want and get picked up for airborne and RASP. Again, I hope to report good news in 16 weeks.

I would also like to thank all the Rangers on this site for providing good information.
McD
Ranger

Re: Fumbles osut sitrep

Post by McD »

Enjoy the ride.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Fumbles
Future Soldier

Post by Fumbles »

Just giving another sitrep.
I can't remember if I'm in week 4 or 5 because it's going by so fast. The only reason I know I'm in white phase is because we got our 6 hour white phase pas.
Alot people talk crap about basic but I think it's great. Everyday I wake up happy because I'm learning something new about battle field medicine, shooting, land nav. or fitness. Even getting smoked is cool because I'm getting stronger from it and it weeds out the weak. So far my platoon has had 3 quiters which is good becuase I didn't trust them with my life. Hopefully more drop because I don't want them as battle buddies in the sandbox. My D.S's are the best in my opinion. They all have plus 3 18month long deployments and just want to teach us things we need to know for deployments. Another cool thing is they don't care what you're doing as long as you're doing your job and doing it to above standerds. My platoon is pretty cool minus a few jackasses. My S.D.S said if I get a 270 or better on my 4th pt test he will put me in for airbourne and I can get R.A.S.P there.
Lastly I want to say if you think you want to do this check your self because some people where gungho then lost it in the cs chamber or the obstical course and if I have to root for you to do easy shit like that I just don't know if would want you being my battle buddy in afghan.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Satisfactory SITREP. Keep up the effort; never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Fumbles
Future Soldier

Post by Fumbles »

So alot has happened since my last sitrep. I was made a squadleader in OSUT and earned an airborne slot. Graduated OSUT. I am currently at airborne. When I arrived at airborne a staff sergeant from Ranger batt. asked for 'qualified volunteers'. I qualed and jumped at the opportunity to go to R.A.S.P. Right now I'm waiting to find out if i was accepted.

I would like to thank all the Rangers on this site for sharing information that has made me a better soldier and has helped me earn the things i listed above.

Tomorrow is my first jump and i cant wait.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Fumbles wrote:So alot has happened since my last sitrep. I was made a squadleader in OSUT and earned an airborne slot. Graduated OSUT. I am currently at airborne. When I arrived at airborne a staff sergeant from Ranger batt. asked for 'qualified volunteers'. I qualed and jumped at the opportunity to go to R.A.S.P. Right now I'm waiting to find out if i was accepted.

I would like to thank all the Rangers on this site for sharing information that has made me a better soldier and has helped me earn the things i listed above.

Even if you don't get RASP, you've come a long way and deserve to be proud of yourself! Wish you luck with RASP......just don't break a leg or something while falling out of airplanes!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Slowpoke wrote:
Fumbles wrote:So alot has happened since my last sitrep. I was made a squadleader in OSUT and earned an airborne slot. Graduated OSUT. I am currently at airborne. When I arrived at airborne a staff sergeant from Ranger batt. asked for 'qualified volunteers'. I qualed and jumped at the opportunity to go to R.A.S.P. Right now I'm waiting to find out if i was accepted.

Even if you don't get RASP, you've come a long way and deserve to be proud of yourself! Wish you luck with RASP......just don't break a leg or something while falling out of airplanes!
Yeah, don't afall, just jump & make your own luck your best luck.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

Good job dude. It's amazing how you make your own luck huh? I second what Ranger Steadfast and Slowpoke said. With that having been said, those two wrote part of a legendary chapter in the "Ranger history book" and they're pulling for you. Do not let them down.
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

No matter what happens, keep your eyes on the horizon and your feet and knees together. Reach for the ground with your little tippy toes and you are guaranteed to break something.
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
Chettle
Inprocessing

Post by Chettle »

Its pretty easy. You just have to hit the ground.

Return to “Letters from School”