Introduction

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

CardioScouts
US Army Veteran

Introduction

Post by CardioScouts »

Good afternoon, I would like to introduce myself I am a US Army Veteran joined 4 Jun 1974 my MOS 95B1VS Military Police Investigator and was assigned to 3rd Military Police Company, 3rd Infantry Division stationed in Wurzburg, Germany. I look forward to learning more about ArmyRanger.com!
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Re: Introduction

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com and thanks for your service to our great country!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

You have three months to the day seniority on me, not counting 'delayed entry program'.
How did an MP in Germany get a 'V' and 'S' SQI on your MOS?

Welcome to our site!
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
CardioScouts
US Army Veteran

Post by CardioScouts »

Good question...I really am not sure what it stands for I just took from my DD214. Maybe you will enlighten me? Thanks for the welcome and glad to be here.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Sounds like a bored and sloppy clerk typing out the form at the seperation center.
'V' is the Ranger School identifier and 'S' (back then) was the Special Forces qualified identifier. We usually have fun when folks appear trying to pass off that sort of thing, check out the 'Ranger Spartan memorial forum'.

There's a lot of non-Ranger vets in the broader community here, and a more than a few police officers as well - welcome to the site & have fun!

RS 9-76

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Reiver
Ranger

Post by Reiver »

Welcome. Are you sure that's what your MOSC reads on DD-214?

What kinda' Cardio are you Scouting for?

OUT
V/R...Reiver sends

Course 5-78
B/2-75th INF, 1976-79
Ft Bragg, NC, 1981-2006
CardioScouts
US Army Veteran

Post by CardioScouts »

Hey there Ranger Ingraham and Ranger Reiver,
Thanks for your help in understanding what the letters stand for in my MOS.
CardioScouts...I recruit Cardiologists around the world!

I have perused my entire Military File starting with:

DD-214 Report of Separation from Active Duty
In space 16a. Primary Specialty Number and Title...95B1VS (740925)

DD Form 4 Enlistment Contract-Armed Forces of the United States
Space 49. Enlisted for Women's Army Corp Choice of Training/Station Enlistment Option USAREUR & MOS 830-95B20

DA Form 2-1 Personnel Qualification Record
Section ll Classification and Assignment Data 6. Military Occupational Specialties...MOS P95BVS Title Military Policeman Date (750817)
then under Section V-Miscellaneous
Remarks: Ref. Item 6 DA Form 2-1 Authority for MOS conversion from 95B20 to 95B10 is DA Cir 611-41

Dept of The Army-HQ, US Army, Europe and Seventh Army: Special Orders Number Extract 303
My name, SSN, SP4 95B10 3rd MP Co (WAMJAAA) APO 09036
Awarded: ASIV5
Authority: Para 2-15, AR 600-200
Effective date 17 August 1975

OK, Rangers please tell me they've made a huge mistake and I'm really a General...lol. Were you serious about the V means Ranger and S Special Forces?

You lost me here..."We usually have fun when folks appear trying to pass off that sort of thing, check out the 'Ranger Spartan memorial forum'."
What's a Ranger Spartan memorial forum...wait a minute...it's a different forum! I will go to.

Wow! That was fun going through all the old stuff. Hope y'all are having a wonderful day and thank you for the welcome. Deb
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Howdy Ma'am,

It's me (You know who... check where I'm from.) Ranger Spartan was the founder of the site and a good friend and brother. He passed away, you should read the 'Ranger Spartan memorial forum'. It's good to see you here and I hope you have thisk skin.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
CardioScouts
US Army Veteran

Post by CardioScouts »

Thanks,
You know who...from you know who!
CardioScouts
US Army Veteran

Post by CardioScouts »

OK Rangers,
I went to peruse the 'Ranger Spartan memorial forum'. Seems like a whole lot of anger and (perhaps, I'll be deleted) why is everyone talking so nasty? I'm not going back there. I hope everyone has a wonderful day and by the way, thank you all for Protecting me and my children...I owe you EVERYTHING and I believe you are the BIGGEST and BRAVEST men alive. D
elle
Tadpole

Post by elle »

Hello and Welcome.

PM inbound
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

CardioScouts,
Hello and welcome here, thank you for your service and sacrifices.

You'll find a great bunch of people here, some you'll really click with; when it comes to supporting the military and all it entails you couldn't find a better bunch.

If there is anything I can ever do please PM (private message) me and I'll try to help if I don't know the answer I'll try to point you to someone who can.

I know some of the other wonderful ladies will be along shortly to say hello and welcome you if they have not done so already.

Nice to meet you. Jenny
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

On the info you typed from your docs, I see there's a "ASI V5" whcih probably means "additional skill identifier V5", the V5 combo meaning some sort of school or qual you earned along the way. Looks as if whoever typed your MOSC on your 214 read "V5" as "VS", which wouldn't even make sense in the order in which the numbers/letters are supposed to read.
I'm sure it's a typo, I sent you to the poser forum so you'd see why we hit on things like SF & Ranger qual indicators. Posers run amok these days and we take their pursuit and outing seriously. Not to imply you are posing, you wouldn't cite the 3ID if that was the case and no one alive would give a crap about 3ID poser anyway :lol:

RS 9-76

RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

Welcome here, Ma'am.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

In 1974, I was a Support Platoon Leader in 2-13 Infantry, Mannheim, GE. Every time we convoyed to Graf we tried to avoid the MPs on the Wurzberg Autobahn. You are welcome here. I'll try to find out what a V5 MOS suffix means, tomorrow.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introduction Archive”