Anybody seen this yet?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

KyGoose
Embryo

Re: Anybody seen this yet?

Post by KyGoose »

Ranger Hung Low,

Yah, i've heard of it. I have a friend who is a RANGER who's seen it and from the descirption i was given, he claimed it was a, "fucking liberal BS movie...etc etc etc". he wasn't too pleased with it. Yet, on the same hand I've heard people who absoloutely loved it thought it was one of the best in it's genre ever. But given the liberal climate in media and his disapproval, it does make me nervous about seeing it. Because I fucking hate paying money to have a liberal agenda flashed before my eyes...if I wanted that I'd just camp on the couch for free and watch MSNBC. *fkn eye roll*
"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight – it’s the size of the fight in the dog"
- General Dwight D. Eisenhower
KyGoose
Embryo

Post by KyGoose »

Ranger Hung Low,

By the way your signature is straight fkn classy. Well played sir, well played.
"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight – it’s the size of the fight in the dog"
- General Dwight D. Eisenhower
cback0220
Tadpole

Post by cback0220 »

I heard it is good in the beginning, but then takes a turn towards crappy around half way
"The nation that makes a great distinction between its warriors and its scholars will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

If you don't like clicking links, this is about "The Hurt Locker".
I saw it a couple days ago in the company of a recent Iraq vet. Good movie & enjoyable - it's not another "Stop-Loss" (or whatever the title of that POS flcik was). Good action although it's mostly of a different type since we're talking about EOD and not grunts.
There are a lot of technical or historical errors, such as improper uniforms & vehicles for the period the film claims to be set in (Bahgdad '04) and things the troops did or did not do that some in the audience disagreed with (editorial commentary during the movie goes with seeing it in a theater next to Ft Bragg I suppose) but nothing that detracted from a good story.
All in all, take some minor things with a grain of salt and enjoy the film. I didn't see anything that I took to be pro or anti-Iraq war or political.
All in all, a good movie with some good dark GI humor, go enjoy it and never mind the rolled sleeves on the ACUs and if the ACUs bother you, just pretend that the setting is 2007 instead.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

I met a guy that knew a girl that had a cousin who dated a Ranger that was roommates with a guy who's mother saw the movie.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

Silverback wrote:I met a guy that knew a girl that had a cousin who dated a Ranger that was roommates with a guy who's mother saw the movie.
Yea!? What did she say? She like it!?
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
dbmtrman
Ranger

Post by dbmtrman »

Where is the 'bitch's Ranger Tab'. How is he a senior NCO got a combat scroll but isn't tabbed. Another technical advisor that didn't know his job. Also if you happened to see their publicity stills for the movie, they have the patches all switched around.

How come in every movie, the Ranger is the crazy one?
RLTW!
RS 4/85
B Co. 1/75 84-86, HAAF
HQ 11 SFG (USAR) 86-87

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

dbmtrman wrote:...How come in every movie, the Ranger is the crazy one?
If not a Ranger, who?
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
fusion94
Tadpole

Post by fusion94 »

dbmtrman wrote:Where is the 'bitch's Ranger Tab'. How is he a senior NCO got a combat scroll but isn't tabbed. Another technical advisor that didn't know his job. Also if you happened to see their publicity stills for the movie, they have the patches all switched around.

How come in every movie, the Ranger is the crazy one?
The technical advisor was a retired CSM from EOD. Needless to say there were quite a few liberties taken with the EOD Procedures used.

I've heard before that it was illegal to wear "proper" military uniforms in a movie. Apparently that isn't the case.
United States Code Title 10 > Subtitle A > Part II > Chapter 45

§ 772. When wearing by persons not on active duty authorized

(f) While portraying a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps, an actor in a theatrical or motion-picture production may wear the uniform of that armed force if the portrayal does not tend to discredit that armed force.
Scout/Snipers CSC 4/502 Infantry Berlin Brigade - (1986-1988)
Scout/Snipers HHC 3/7 Infantry 24th ID - (1989-1991)
Operation Desert Shield/Storm - (1990-1991)
Detachment 1, Company B, 1/20th SFG(A) (1991-1992) (NQP)
666th Ordnance Company (EOD), 1992-1994
AssassinBlue1
Ranger

Post by AssassinBlue1 »

I enjoyed the scene where they're doin' work with the M107...spottin' trace without ears...BA, man. BA. :roll:
TRADOC '08-Present
A/3-8 Cav
PB Paliwoda, IZ '06-'07
RS 06-06

"Low fade, keep the 'burns."

Return to “The Mosh Pit”