Obama says don't go out and buy more guns.

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
CatFish Driver
Ranger

Obama says don't go out and buy more guns.

Post by CatFish Driver »

As gun sales shoot up around the country, President-elect Barack Obama said Sunday that gun-owning Americans do not need to rush out and stock up before he is sworn in next month.

"I believe in common-sense gun safety laws, and I believe in the second amendment," Obama said at a news conference. "Lawful gun owners have nothing to fear. I said that throughout the campaign. I haven't indicated anything different during the transition. I think people can take me at my word."

LINK
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Apparently he supports the second amendment and isn't going to make any radical changes to the gun laws. 'We can take him at his word.' Stay tuned.
Ranger School Class 08-02

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
--Senator Barry Goldwater
Black 6
Ranger

Re: Obama says don't go out and buy more guns.

Post by Black 6 »

Ya, belive a politician...... and the Pastor loves cats, SB is a kind and gental cuddle bear, and I swear I will only stick the head of it in........ The world is makebelive now.
2/75 Blacksheep 92-93, 1/9 93-94
1759 society member

"You will know me by the scars I bear.
You will know me by the hate I swear."-OTEP

01010011 01110000 01100001 01110010 01110100 01100001 01101110 00101111 01001000 01100101 01110010 01101111 00101110
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

Since he has stated that he is going to make the position of U.N. Ambassador a cabinet position, that scares me more than the whole gun thing. Scares the hell out of me that the U.N. is going to have a place in the cabinet. :roll:

Firearms are a close second. :D
It's all good.
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Anybody figure out how Uncle Sugar is going to make federal ID mandatory?

Anybody?...(Wait for it..)

US Passport card! My landlord had to renew his passport and got one today. Supposedly, it is only used in crossing from Mexico, Canada, and some Caribbean countries.... right now. It wouldn't be a far stretch to make it mandatory for all kinds of things though (like gun ownership..).
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

CatFish Driver wrote: I think people can take me at my word."

LINK
Yes, we can take him at his word now, or his words then & we can look at his record.
Stock up boyos.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

TC204 wrote:"We don't dispute [the gun sales hike] because the numbers from the federal system certainly confirm that there is increased activity out there. We just think it's a bit stupid," said Peter Hamm, spokesman for the Brady Campaign against Gun Violence.

"Anyone who thinks they need to rush out and buy a firearm clearly has not been paying attention to how quickly we make progress on this issue. We don't think these are first-time buyers. We think they are people who already have more than enough guns at their homes to protect themselves and are buying more."

Actually anyone who thinks they need to rush out and buy firearms has clearly been paying attention to history.

Thankfully I don't own any firearms at all, and never have. They are dangerous things and they scare me. Besides, I don't need guns. The police will protect me.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

rgrokelley wrote:
TC204 wrote:"We don't dispute [the gun sales hike] because the numbers from the federal system certainly confirm that there is increased activity out there. We just think it's a bit stupid," said Peter Hamm, spokesman for the Brady Campaign against Gun Violence.

"Anyone who thinks they need to rush out and buy a firearm clearly has not been paying attention to how quickly we make progress on this issue. We don't think these are first-time buyers. We think they are people who already have more than enough guns at their homes to protect themselves and are buying more."

Actually anyone who thinks they need to rush out and buy firearms has clearly been paying attention to history.

Thankfully I don't own any firearms at all, and never have. They are dangerous things and they scare me. Besides, I don't need guns. The police will protect me.
STFU!!!!
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Bullshit There are many first time buyers here in Omaha that are buying guns because thay are afraid they won't be able too soon
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
abnhawk
Ranger

Post by abnhawk »

:shock: WTF?!

I can't wait to hear what his definition of "enough guns" is.
C 3/75 89 -91
RLTW!
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Maybe he doesn't want us to buy guns so he can offer them a bail out deal later this year and put a gun Czar in position...
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

TC204 wrote:
abnhawk wrote:

:shock: WTF?!

I can't wait to hear what his definition of "enough guns" is.
A 22 LR target rifle and a 20 ga. duck gun would be enough in their eyes.
Shoot them in the eyes you say.....
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Joeboo
USAF Veteran

Post by Joeboo »

As some of you may/may not know, Chicago is currently striving for the title 'murder capital of the world' due to pervasive gun violence. Thus the City of Chicago decided to host yet another, "Guns for Gifts" program. The obvious flaw being that the do-good pansies taking receivership of these surrendered weapons don't know their asshole's from a whole in the ground as it pertains to firearms. I took it upon myself to purchase 2 airsoft replica assault rifles, and walked out with a Wii, and an I-Pod...take that Black Friday People Tramplers!

*fist pump* SCORE!

* Joeboo is so full of it he's offering bullshit rebates.
Consensus is the absence of leadership - Margret Thatcher

Return to “The News Dump”