Fuck the big 3!! I hope they fail

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Looon
Ranger

Fuck the big 3!! I hope they fail

Post by Looon »

They origonally asked for $25 billion, now they and the head of the unions are meeting with Pelosi to increase the amount to $50 billion. :roll:

Ill buy a Toyota.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
BadMuther
BANNED

Re: fuck the big 3!! I hope they fail

Post by BadMuther »

Tater Nuts wrote:
Ranger Luna wrote:They origonally asked for $25 billion, now they and the head of the unions are meeting with Pelosi to increase the amount to $50 billion. :roll:

Ill buy a Toyota.
Yeah, what do all those thousands of Americans need jobs for anyway.
What's another 50 Billion tater??
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

I blame the companies AND the unions (employees included).

It's been more important for them fuckers to produce the next large size, high dollar gas guzzler. They've made a, meager at best, attempt to produce something affordable and economical.

Now that the 3 are sitting on billions of $'s worth of large trucks and SUV's that they will never be able to move, we have to pay the fucking price.

If they get $50 billion, I get a free new car!!

Fuck those unions too. :evil: They've made it hard on the companies to compete as well.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Tater Nuts wrote:
Ranger Luna wrote:They origonally asked for $25 billion, now they and the head of the unions are meeting with Pelosi to increase the amount to $50 billion. :roll:

Ill buy a Toyota.
They could always go work for Honda, Toyota, Hyundai and all the other foreign auto makers that now manufacture here.

But they won't. Why? Because they are unionized fuckwits with a sense of entitlement and no real drive to achieve.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

RangerX wrote:
Tater Nuts wrote:

Ill buy a Toyota.
They could always go work for Honda, Toyota, Hyundai and all the other foreign auto makers that now manufacture here.

But they won't. Why? Because they are unionized fuckwits with a sense of entitlement and no real drive to achieve.
Ive seen this first hand. I worked through the Boilermaker's union in Cali. for 5-6 years. It was puuuuuuthetic the way they believed. Everyone owed them something for nothing. The work ethic was embarassing for most.

I felt fortunate to be making all that cash. It was quite a bit too with excellent benefits. But it was never enough for most of them. :roll:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Mr_Handsome
Ranger

Post by Mr_Handsome »

RangerX wrote:
Tater Nuts wrote:

Ill buy a Toyota.

you just described obama voters :)
B Co 3/75
1996-1998
lusus
Ranger

Post by lusus »

Ranger Luna wrote: It's been more important for them fuckers to produce the next large size, high dollar gas guzzler. They've made a, meager at best, attempt to produce something affordable and economical.
Car companies produce what people want to buy. When gas prices are low, people buy big heavy cars that go fast. I'm guessing a car poll of this site won't turn up too many prius, sentra, or mini drivers. Hard to blame a capitalist company for producing stuff that people actually want to buy.

$4.00 gas turned out to be the tipping point. P/U and SUV sales fell off a cliff. But now that those evil, price manipulating, working-man gouging oil executives have decided to lower gas prices back to $2 I bet we see sales ramp up again.

Unless we get a $2 gas tax, implemented by politicians who know way better than consumers what the 'right' car to buy is. Free country? Stand by.
C co 2/75 86-90
Class 8-88

'The will to conquer is the first condition of victory.' Frederick Foch
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Don't sweat it Bro. Da Messiah dun gonna hook all us up widt housing, trasfortations, jobis, and all kina sit...

Just stay on da down louw bout dis sit til da nougheration...yo...

dont wanna put it out der...

(I just bought the Rosetta Stone for Ebonics....as you can see It's not terribly accurate...but it's kind of an easy language to learn.)
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

lusus wrote:
Ranger Luna wrote: It's been more important for them fuckers to produce the next large size, high dollar gas guzzler. They've made a, meager at best, attempt to produce something affordable and economical.
Car companies produce what people want to buy. When gas prices are low, people buy big heavy cars that go fast. I'm guessing a car poll of this site won't turn up too many prius, sentra, or mini drivers. Hard to blame a capitalist company for producing stuff that people actually want to buy.

$4.00 gas turned out to be the tipping point. P/U and SUV sales fell off a cliff. But now that those evil, price manipulating, working-man gouging oil executives have decided to lower gas prices back to $2 I bet we see sales ramp up again.

Unless we get a $2 gas tax, implemented by politicians who know way better than consumers what the 'right' car to buy is. Free country? Stand by.
some of the worst offenders for fuel consumption are from foreign auto makers. They build up a reputation as producing fuel efficient vehicles, then sell the hell out of SUVs that don't do any better than American comapnies. Examples that come to mind ar the various Lexii, The Honda Ridgeline, The Toyota Sequoya, etc.....
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Examples that come to mind ar the various Lexii, The Honda Ridgeline, The Toyota Sequoya, etc.....
They are in it to make money just like the domestic manufacturers. These were the cars that traditionally sold well here and they made the most money on. They got caught with their pants down just like Detroit.

As far as the Unions are concerned, I've worked for companies who were union and non-union in the same industry. Yes, the Unions allow some slug-nut motherfuckers to get through the cracks. I see cats every day who should not be working and get away with shit. It amazes me that they can still have a job.

On the other side, I have seen some unscrupulous shit done by the employers where they screw employees either intentionally or not. I would rather have the "job insurance". Then again, I work in a field where lay-offs and strikes are non existent.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Tater Nuts wrote:

Ill buy a Toyota.
This is pretty much welfare, but using a middle man, such as GM or Ford. The Unions make the auto manufacturers pay their folks astronomically stupid wages. The car companies then have to beg the government to bail them out. The Union workers then continue working for astronomically stupid wages, but get to use the government money.

Fuck them all and go back to the basic concept of free market. You work for what you are worth. Historically whenever a government gets into any business, it leads to stagnation, over priced products and employees who work less for more money.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

rgrokelley wrote:
Tater Nuts wrote:

Ill buy a Toyota.
This is pretty much welfare, but using a middle man, such as GM or Ford. The Unions make the auto manufacturers pay their folks astronomically stupid wages. The car companies then have to beg the government to bail them out. The Union workers then continue working for astronomically stupid wages, but get to use the government money.

fuck them all and go back to the basic concept of free market. You work for what you are worth. Historically whenever a government gets into any business, it leads to stagnation, over priced products and employees who work less for more money.
Well put.

The idea behind unions was a worthy cause. But it's one that has been twisted and distorted so much that it doesn't resemble what they were origonally intended for.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990

Return to “The Mosh Pit”