ranger school

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
proudarmymomof2
Egg

ranger school

Post by proudarmymomof2 »

Thank you for your service & dedication.
Last edited by proudarmymomof2 on October 28th, 2008, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silverback
Ranger

Re: ranger school

Post by Silverback »

proudarmymomof2 wrote:My son is in ranger school as of Oct.12,2008. We got our first letter on the 24th. He said it was hell!! He is a big competitor & was one of 14 honored soliders in basic for his PT. He has been to Afghanistan & is airborne & very determined.He said the medic's are injecting Benzoid into his feet cause the blisters are so bad , also they are freezing & hungry. Now he knew going into this how bad it would be but never dreamed it would be hell. The Army sent a letter saying they are taking care of their soldiers! He said they deffinately are NOT! Does anyone know if he will be able to call sometime in the near future?Now as a mother of two sons in the Army and seeing first hand all the things the Army has done , I really don't like the Army! :x I stand behind and honor all our soldiers 110% for doing what they do.Honoring them every step of the way. :lol:
Ma'am welcome (Please post an introduction),
Now if you want to help your son...tell him to quit sniveling!

As a former Ranger instructor I can confidently say that your son is receiving adequate care and he most likely needs to suck it up.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

The Army takes care of its own during Ranger School. He may have to work hard to earn his tab. But thousands have done it in the past, and more will earn it in the future. Hopefully the standards will continue to be maintained in each class.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Welcome Ma'am.

Is it possible that your son just hasnt encountered anything like this before and feels like because he is hurting, he is therefor not being cared for? Working through the pain, the lack of sleep, the cold the hot and all of the body shocks is really what Ranger School is about. Numerous (meaning THOUSANDS) of men have gone to Ranger School from regular line units, Airborne, Marines, Navy Seals ect...and had not encountered the absolute suck that Ranger School CAN present. Regular Units often times will pull a soldier with a minor injury aside, give him 24 hours, and treat what is really nothing more than an annoyance. Truth is, most soldiers are not used to fighting through this in spite of their backgrounds. While many of us here didnt really like Ranger School, I did learn one lesson. The aches, pains, and booboo's of life up to and including sprains, blisters, cold, hot, cuts, abrasions, and things that really do hurt can be set aside and worked through. It isnt fun but it can be done. And while Ranger School may not make men feel all warm and loved...it does prove to them that when the man thinks he has reached his limit...he is actually nowhere near it.

Believe me and the others Ma'am...the cadre in Ranger School is very good as are the medical personnel. The know when the injury is life threatening and they know when the injury could become a permanant thing. They dont MAKE the men continue mission because a man can quit anytime. But they do evaluate injuries and advise the men that they are medically able to continue. It isnt perfect but understand this above all else. If he graduates, his ability to survive under harsh circumstance will be MUCH improved. And wouldnt you want that?
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Refer your son to your sig-line.

But be sure to remind him...God doesn't carry Rangers.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Silverback wrote:
proudarmymomof2 wrote:My son is in ranger school as of Oct.12,2008. We got our first letter on the 24th. He said it was hell!! He is a big competitor & was one of 14 honored soliders in basic for his PT. He has been to Afghanistan & is airborne & very determined.He said the medic's are injecting Benzoid into his feet cause the blisters are so bad , also they are freezing & hungry. Now he knew going into this how bad it would be but never dreamed it would be hell. The Army sent a letter saying they are taking care of their soldiers! He said they deffinately are NOT! Does anyone know if he will be able to call sometime in the near future?Now as a mother of two sons in the Army and seeing first hand all the things the Army has done , I really don't like the Army! :x I stand behind and honor all our soldiers 110% for doing what they do.Honoring them every step of the way. :lol:
Ma'am welcome (Please post an introduction),
Now if you want to help your son...tell him to quit sniveling!

As a former Ranger instructor I can confidently say that your son is receiving adequate care and he most likely needs to suck it up.

Same goes for me. I interface with RTB weekly. I can assure you that Ranger students, short of having a titty popped in their mouth are well taken care of.
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
proudarmymomof2
Egg

ranger school

Post by proudarmymomof2 »

Thank you to all your replies.Unfortunately I don't agree with the post that states " God doesn't carry Rangers"! My son will make it all the through graduation because he is strong. My other son would not & does not want the Ranger tab whereas this one wants it so bad he can taste it & will do what ever it takes to get it! As a mom having both sons deployed at the same time , one in Iraq & this in Afghanistan my heart is alittle soft. I thank you all for your service.
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

Ma'am,

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell

Rangers are rough men and we don't become that way by not suffering
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

proudarmymomof2 wrote:Thank you to all your replies.Unfortunately I don't agree with the post that states " God doesn't carry Rangers"! My son will make it all the through graduation because he is strong. My other son would not & does not want the Ranger tab whereas this one wants it so bad he can taste it & will do what ever it takes to get it! As a mom having both sons deployed at the same time , one in Iraq & this in Afghanistan my heart is alittle soft. I thank you all for your service.
as has already been stated previously, please go post an introduction. you can do so here.

as far as your faith, you're entitled to it. if you mean metaphorically, in that god will buoy the spirits of those who believe in him/it, that's fine. but I ain't never seen a Ranger levitated to the objective by any variation of any kind of almighty, even though plenty have asked. I would have taken a free ride on occasion as well. it just don't happen.

Rangers dig down within themselves, past the pain and suffering, and simply resolve to put one foot in front of the other to complete the mission. he's either got it within himself or not.
Last edited by KW Driver on October 28th, 2008, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

proudarmymomof2- post # 1 wrote:My son is in ranger school as of Oct.12,2008. We got our first letter on the 24th. He said it was hell!! He is a big competitor & was one of 14 honored soliders in basic for his PT. He has been to Afghanistan & is airborne & very determined.He said the medic's are injecting Benzoid into his feet cause the blisters are so bad , also they are freezing & hungry. Now he knew going into this how bad it would be but never dreamed it would be hell. The Army sent a letter saying they are taking care of their soldiers! He said they deffinately are NOT! Does anyone know if he will be able to call sometime in the near future?Now as a mother of two sons in the Army and seeing first hand all the things the Army has done , I really don't like the Army! :x I stand behind and honor all our soldiers 110% for doing what they do.Honoring them every step of the way. :lol:
proudarmymomof2 - post # 2 wrote:Thank you to all your replies.Unfortunately I don't agree with the post that states " God doesn't carry Rangers"! My son will make it all the through graduation because he is strong. My other son would not & does not want the Ranger tab whereas this one wants it so bad he can taste it & will do what ever it takes to get it! As a mom having both sons deployed at the same time , one in Iraq & this in Afghanistan my heart is alittle soft. I thank you all for your service.
Ma'am, make your next post (# 3) in the intro forum as Ranger Silverback requested (of you) whom you ignored.

Ranger KW Driver was nice enough to give you a link.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

proudarmymomof2 wrote:Thank you to all your replies.Unfortunately I don't agree with the post that states " God doesn't carry Rangers"! My son will make it all the through graduation because he is strong. My other son would not & does not want the Ranger tab whereas this one wants it so bad he can taste it & will do what ever it takes to get it! As a mom having both sons deployed at the same time , one in Iraq & this in Afghanistan my heart is alittle soft. I thank you all for your service.
You are not qualified for an opininion on what your son may or may not to until graduation. If you had posted an intro the other wives/girlfiends/mothers would have already policed you up and then we wouldn't be listening to a debate you know precisley fuck-all about.

Are you serious? Are you actually snivelling on behalf of your son and criticising our Army and the very training that will actually keep him and his soldiers alive?

Post a proper intro so the ladies can police you up and square you away.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Cut her some fucking slack!!

Some of you want to jump on her, but let stupid shit fly all over the place. :roll:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
litlbird
Ranger Mom

Post by litlbird »

Thank you for raising and supporting two Soldiers proudarmymomof2. I can appreciate your heart and soul for that matter, being sensitive right now. I encourage you to continue to be brave and steady. Although I cannot speak for Ranger Kilted Heathen, I believe that his statement "God doesn't carry Rangers" implies the literal and physical action of being carried thru the grueling hell of Ranger School training or task orders as a Warrior and emphasizes the importance of your encouragement to your son to keep on, keeping on, as a Ranger learns he can . Ranger School puts a new twist on no pain, no gain.

God will carry and see us thru the hell of life challenges and joys of living and this is by His Spirit. With the right spirit, sinew and fortitude we can accomplish anything we set our minds on..Ours sons, like all the Rangers before them, will graduate and say to themselves "damn, I did that!" and nobody will ever be able to convince them that anything cannot be done at work or in life for that matter. They will be respected world over like Greek Gods.

Heck, my son could have easily been a marine biologist or engineer. He could have been a cosmetic Dr. working with breasts all day. But noooo, he had to become a Greek God, an Elite Soldier, an Army Ranger!

It's best you join the Ranger Parents asap.

Take Care,
litlbird
Save A Cowboy...Ride A Harley

Sometimes I feel like a bitch and sometimes I don't.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

litlbird wrote:
Thank you for raising and supporting two Soldiers proudarmymomof2. I can appreciate your heart and soul for that matter, being sensitive right now. I encourage you to continue to be brave and steady. Although I cannot speak for Ranger Kilted Heathen, I believe that his statement "God doesn't carry Rangers" implies the literal and physical action of being carried thru the grueling hell of Ranger School training or task orders as a Warrior and emphasizes the importance of your encouragement to your son to keep on, keeping on, as a Ranger learns he can . Ranger School puts a new twist on no pain, no gain.

God will carry and see us thru the hell of life challenges and joys of living and this is by His Spirit. With the right spirit, sinew and fortitude we can accomplish anything we set our minds on..Ours sons, like all the Rangers before them, will graduate and say to themselves "damn, I did that!" and nobody will ever be able to convince them that anything cannot be done at work or in life for that matter. They will be respected world over like Greek Gods.

Heck, my son could have easily been a marine biologist or engineer. He could have been a cosmetic Dr. working with breasts all day. But noooo, he had to become a Greek God, an Elite Soldier, an Army Ranger!

Take Care,
litlbird
Brilliant!

One litlbird...
Two litlbird...
Three litlbird..
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”