Intro

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Bizborky
Embryo

Intro

Post by Bizborky »

Hi, my name is Brad i am currently a contratced army cadet at old dominion university, but im am 90% sure i will be dropping the 4 year scholarship to go SMP in the national guard...so i will get my degree and be commissioned after finishing college (and go active duty), but will get to go through osut at fort benning to become an infantryman...so ill get to live the college life and get some enlisted training and knowledge. i came across this forum and it seems like a wealth of information concerning the army...so thanks in advance
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

I have found that using proper capitalization, punctuation and grammar will significantly increase your chances of graduating college. Maybe they don't teach that at Old Dominion.

Use the search button, keep your head down and peruse the site at will but when you post, please do so coherently and act as if you really did graduate high school. Your soldiers,if you make it that far, may one day rely on your clear and concise communication to keep them alive.
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
Bizborky
Embryo

Post by Bizborky »

I apologize for my poor first attempt at introducing myself to the armyranger.com community. I also would like to apologize for my incorrect spelling, grammar and punctuation. There is no doubt, I will earn the right to be an officer in the United States Army, this all I have aspired to be since I was young. I also understand why you have jumped down my throat for my inappropriate demeanor. I am a future leader and a future soldier, it important that I inspire confidence in the soldiers that I will someday lead. So once again I am sorry, and I appreciate the information provided by the members on this website.
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

Bizborky wrote:I apologize for my poor first attempt at introducing myself to the armyranger.com community. I also would like to apologize for my incorrect spelling, grammar and punctuation. There is no doubt, I will earn the right to be an officer in the United States Army, this all I have aspired to be since I was young. I also understand why you have jumped down my throat for my inappropriate demeanor. I am a future leader and a future soldier, it important that I inspire confidence in the soldiers that I will someday lead. So once again I am sorry, and I appreciate the information provided by the members on this website.
Son, if you thought that was jumping down your throat, you will need to be growing several layers of new skin to handle what's coming...
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Bizborky,

Ranger Charlie 51 was being a "nice guy" in his response to you. Make sure that you read the ROE Private message that I am sending you prior to making any additional posts.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Bizborky
Embryo

Post by Bizborky »

The cadre at my school except nothing less than perfection. Many of them are Rangers. When they think something is not right ,your definitely going to know about it. I have thick skin, i know that I have a long ways to go and a lot of things to learn. But I am ready to make any sacrifice necessary to succeed. I am not at all offended by Ranger Charlie 51. He was telling the god honest truth and I appreciate the criticism, after all I am here to learn.
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Bizborky wrote:The cadre at my school except nothing less than perfection. Many of them are Rangers. When they think something is not right ,your definitely going to know about it. I have thick skin, i know that I have a long ways to go and a lot of things to learn. But I am ready to make any sacrifice necessary to succeed. I am not at all offended by Ranger Charlie 51. He was telling the god honest truth and I appreciate the criticism, after all I am here to learn.
Who are you speaking to in this post?
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

They come in 3's boys, 1 more to go...
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

Bizborky
Embryo

Post by Bizborky »

Bravo57 wrote:
Bizborky wrote:The cadre at my school except nothing less than perfection. Many of them are Rangers. When they think something is not right ,your definitely going to know about it. I have thick skin, i know that I have a long ways to go and a lot of things to learn. But I am ready to make any sacrifice necessary to succeed. I am not at all offended by Ranger Charlie 51. He was telling the god honest truth and I appreciate the criticism, after all I am here to learn.
I was posting in response to Bravo57
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Bizborky wrote:
Bravo57 wrote:
Do you mean Ranger Bravo57?

psssst . . . get an avatar.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Bizborky
Embryo

Post by Bizborky »

Steadfast wrote:
Bizborky wrote:
Bravo57 wrote: Who are you speaking to in this post?

Yes Ranger Bravo57...and roger on the avatar Ranger Steadfast (Gerber baby logo here i come)

QRT was here.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Bizborky wrote:
Steadfast wrote:
Bizborky wrote: I was posting in response to Bravo57

Yes Ranger Bravo57...and roger on the avatar Ranger Steadfast (Gerber baby logo here i come)

QRT was here.
Less talk, more reading. Attention to detail has already been stressed. Good luck.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

Bizborky wrote:I apologize for my poor first attempt at introducing myself to the armyranger.com community. I also would like to apologize for my incorrect spelling, grammar and punctuation. There is no doubt, I will earn the right to be an officer in the United States Army, this all I have aspired to be since I was young. I also understand why you have jumped down my throat for my inappropriate demeanor. I am a future leader and a future soldier, it important that I inspire confidence in the soldiers that I will someday lead. So once again I am sorry, and I appreciate the information provided by the members on this website.
You seem to be putting the cart before the horse here. You need to learn to be a soldier before you can become a leader. If you can't grasp this concept, you will surely fail. Nobody wants to follow someone that hasn't at one time walked in their shoes or at least tried to.
On the martial arts training, rolling around in a mat room wearing your best Tap Out gear doesn't mean shit when you're actually faced with a situation that forces you to close with and destroy an enemy. There is no Big John McCarthy there to pull somebody off of you in the real world and tapping out means absolutely nothing to a bad guy.
Now, welcome to the site and get your head in the game. If you desire to become a Ranger, this is one of the best assets you could possibly have when it comes to knowledge and experience, but if you continue to step on your crank, there are a lot of people here that are way more "connected" than you could possibly imagine.
This is not meant to deter you, it is simply my way of letting you know that pissing people off along the way of you trying to establish a career will catch up to you. Here in the land of the internet, you never know who you're really talking too until it's too late.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "

Return to “Introduction Archive”