StackedRacked, freshly commissioned

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
SRR2R
Tadpole

StackedRacked, freshly commissioned

Post by SRR2R »

Rangers and other board members,

It is with respect and great excitement that I can report that, last night, I received my commission as a 2LT in the United States Army. I'm currently in my second year of medical school at Pikeville College School of Osteopathic Medicine; I applied for, and received, the Health Services Professionals Scholarship (HSPS). My decision was a little later in the game than some, so it was a rush to push all the paperwork through, and a process that can normally take months was fortunately completed in under two. I'm grateful to my recruiter for that.

To summarize the HSPS, the remainder of my schooling will be funded by the Army. I will do one 6-week rotation at an Army hospital during my 3rd or 4th year of school. Upon graduation, I will attend OBC, complete my residency training with the Army, and will go on to practice at least four years in the Army.

Although I have accomplished virtually nothing in the Army world, I'm very pleased with my decision, and humbled at the opportunity to serve my country. I look forward to training and practicing military medicine. As I have no prior military experience, I'm counting on the lessons I have and will continue to learn on this site to prevent me from stepping on my dick once I graduate and enter the Army world as an officer. In terms of serving one's country, the path I chose pales in comparison of the young men getting shot at in the desert while taking the fight to the enemies of this nation. They deserve most ultimate respect in their enduring sacrifices and adversity.

Respectfully,
"Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier..." - Samuel Johnson

From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force.
-Matthew 11:12
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Congrats, Sir, on your commission and on your scholarship. Lead by example.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Congrats, Sir! May I be so bold as to suggest that once you complete your residency, you apply for one of the few Battalion Surgeon slots in the Ranger Regiment. I couldn't think of a cooler way to make a living.

(actually, I could, but it is still a pretty good position to have on one's resume..)
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Paihk-vull, eh? How you like mountain folk? I was born/raised in KY.

Congrats.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Congrat's Sir!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Two examples of Army Doc's setting the standard:

My doctor at Bragg that went against convention and the 'easy' route to repair my back in order to allow me the opportunity to stay in the Army when I had no clue what was going on.

The hospital commander at Blanchfield (a tabbed ranger) who I watched fight to get guys the had been WIA in OIF to his hospital (BACH) versus Walter Reed. His reasoning - this is home for them, and he would ensure that they get the same or better care at BACH than anywhere. He personally stood on the tarmac as every single flight returned and personally welcomed the soldiers home and thanked them for their sacrifice. He gave them all (and their commanders and family members) his personal cell phone number and told them to call him directly if they ever needed to.

Best of luck and congrats.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Excellent!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87