Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Adrena1inerush
Egg

Introduction

Post by Adrena1inerush »

Hello respected Army Rangers and others on the website,

My name is Johnathan and I live in Fayetteville, North Carolina. I am 18 years old and just recently graduated from high school. I have had the dream of becoming a Ranger since I was about 12 years old.

I tried joining in February of this year, but due to me having a collapsed lung last year (07) disqualified me until 2010. It deeply saddens me because I have spent all these years studying and preparing myself mentally and physically for the army. I was trying to hold my breath for too long under the water and strained at the same time and it resulted in a spontaneous pneumothorax. I had a chest tube put in me for 2 days and was released from the hospital within a week, and just 2 weeks later I was back to doing active PT.

I know in my heart that I'm good to go, but MEPS will be MEPS and with them not dealing with me on a case-by-case basis, I can see their point. It is just somewhat aggrivating knowing that the roomate I had at MEPS had a history of marijuana charges and I found out later that he got a moral waiver and got in. The way the military filters its future soldiers is beyond me. I have always been in top shape and I was in gymnastics for several years, it just sucks that I can't join until 2010. However, complaining about it doesn't help the situation and doesn't keep me motivated, so I am just gonna continue and drive on.

Nevertheless, instead of pissing my 2 years away, I just finished my EMT-Basic course and I am now certified in that and I am currently in the EMT-Intermediate course. I hope to make it up to Paramedic before I join in April of 2010, however, I still want to keep my original plan of Option 40 11B--Airborne--RIP. There is no such thing as too many skills to contribute to the regiment and I feel like having Paramedic skills will contribute greatly, aside from my regular job as being 11B.

That is my introduction and I can't thank you Rangers enough for what you have done and good Lord willing in 2010, I can prove myself in RIP and join this honorable tradition.

--Johnathan
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

If you have the time and can afford it, take some classes at a local college. Any credits you get will help toward promotion.

Sounds like you are on the right track. Good luck with it.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Adrena1inerush
Egg

Post by Adrena1inerush »

The Sleepy Doc, roger that. I went up to my local community college and its too late to enroll in any courses at the moment, so I am just going to keep going with my EMT certificates and I start Paramedic in January of next year. I will enroll in the fall to start taking some more curriculum courses and try and obtain a 2 year associates degree in Emergency Medical Science, but once I receive Paramedic, my instructor said that I was only 6 credits/classes shy of a 2 year degree, so I think I will take that up. I hope that joining the army as a National Registry Paramedic with a 2 year degree at 20 years old will help my cause, but I still don't want to join as a medic right off, I still want to stick with my 11B--Airborne--RIP plan, but maybe go medic further into my army career.

Thanks for the advice!!

--Johnathan

*Addendum* I will enroll in the spring, not the fall.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Double post issue fixed.

Read the site SOP's.

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com!
Fishboy
Ranger

Post by Fishboy »

Welcome to the Site!
WHEN IN DOUBT, SHOOT IT OUT!
Never let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

RS 4-92
Adrena1inerush
Egg

Post by Adrena1inerush »

Hey "Rangers", I apologize for not addressing the rangers as rangers. As for the double post, I apologize as well, but this is the first forum that I have ever seen that didn't allow you to edit your post after you made it, so I double posted to clear up what I was saying.
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

Adrena1inerush wrote:Hey "Rangers", I apologize for not addressing the rangers as rangers. As for the double post, I apologize as well, but this is the first forum that I have ever seen that didn't allow you to edit your post after you made it, so I double posted to clear up what I was saying.
Yet another future "Strong Ranger"

Welcome here lunger
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

yep, you gunna be a strong Ranger if you end up as a Ranger at all.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

Adrena1inerush wrote:Hey "Rangers", I apologize for not addressing the rangers as rangers. As for the double post, I apologize as well, but this is the first forum that I have ever seen that didn't allow you to edit your post after you made it, so I double posted to clear up what I was saying.
Ranger should be capitalized and no quotation marks..

As for your situation, quit whining over the kid who smoked pot and got in and be thankful they told you to come back in 2010.

There are various injuries that require 24 months before a waiver can be considered.

Read the ROE PM I'm sending you it will help you to make this place a home until you can enlist.
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?

Return to “Introduction Archive”