Reintroduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

RFS130Z
Inprocessing

Reintroduction

Post by RFS130Z »

Hi, my name is Rob and I enlisted into the Army today. I obtained an 11x Option 40 contract and ship out November 13, 2008. I already made and introduction post last February when I originally tried joining but had some issues with withdrawing for the Marine Corps DEP.

viewtopic.php?t=39989&highlight=

I will get PT scores up within the next day. I can't wait to ship out, I'm going to give 100% and never quit!

Rangers, thank you for any advice and for allowing me to be a guest on your site.

Rob
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

RFS130Z

Post by Steadfast »

Congratulations on signing your OPT40. I hope you have been doing your pt during this intermin.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Gald to hear that you secured a coveted OPT40. Don't let it go to waste. Welcome to the site, and good luck to you.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

You do realize that part of your screen name in Ranger lingo means

"Released for Standards"

nice choice
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
RFS130Z
Inprocessing

Re: RFS130Z

Post by RFS130Z »

Steadfast wrote:Congratulations on signing your OPT40. I hope you have been doing your pt during this intermin.
Ranger Steadfast,

Sadly I have not kept up with my PT; I have done nothing but lift weights. We do some cardio at my MMA gym but not nearly enough. After I found out it would take a full year to get out of the Marine DEP, I decided to see if I could afford college. It wasn't until two weeks ago that I realized I would be much happier in the Army. So I have only been doing cardio/calisthenics for the last two weeks.

I realize this doesn't give me a lot of time to get my PT to where it should be but I will work my ass off in the weeks ahead and continue to do so throughout training to complete my dream of earning the title Army Ranger.

I appreciate any advice, I was also wondering if I was allowed to request a mentor?

Thank you
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: RFS130Z

Post by Earthpig »

RFS130Z wrote:I appreciate any advice, I was also wondering if I was allowed to request a mentor?
Yes.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Congratulations for enlisting to become an Army Ranger. You don't have much time to prepare, but gaurd against "over-doing" things and getting yourself a minor injury that will only get worse during your initial enntry training. This is especially so with shin-splints and stress fracture type injuries, caused by running long distances or rucking with weight when your body is not used to it. There is a lot of good info in the Physical Training forum. Also be sure to read the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
RFS130Z
Inprocessing

Post by RFS130Z »

Ranger Charlie 51,
Yes, I did not understand the meaning of the term at the time. I apologize and will do everything in my power to make sure that term does not apply to me.

Ranger Bill,
I greatly appreciate your advice. I have been working very hard on my PT but I have been doing a lot of stretching and am trying not to over-do it. I stated I word perform a PT test so I did to the best of my ability.
PU/ 2 min 66
SU/ 2 min 69
Pull-ups 19
I understand these are not valid APFT score because I did not complete the 2 mile run but I will do a full PFT on Sunday. I have a workout plan that I am going to follow until I leave. Today the plan called for a long slow distance run so I did not want to stray from the plan so early off.
Mentor: Ranger Bill
11x \ Airborne \ Option 40
Ship Date: 20090115
RFS130Z
Inprocessing

Post by RFS130Z »

I conducted a full PFT this morning my results are as follows.

PU/ 2 min- 64
SU/ 2 min- 68
2 mile run- 14.34 seconds
Pull-ups- 20

I am hoping to get to were I was last spring, 80+ Pushups and sit-ups and a 13 minute 2 mile.

Rob
Mentor: Ranger Bill
11x \ Airborne \ Option 40
Ship Date: 20090115
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

RFS130Z wrote:...I am hoping to get to were I was last spring....
Don't hope, get there.

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com!

Return to “Introduction Archive”