A Georgia School System Loses Its Accreditation

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Silverback
Ranger

A Georgia School System Loses Its Accreditation

Post by Silverback »

ATLANTA — A county school system in metropolitan Atlanta on Thursday became the nation’s first in nearly 40 years to lose its accreditation, and the governor removed four of its school board members for ethics violations.

The school system in Clayton County, just south of the Atlanta city limits, was ruled unfit for accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, one of the nation’s six major private accrediting agencies, after school board members failed to meet the group’s standards for leading a school system.

An investigation by the agency found that county officials had not made sufficient progress toward establishing an effective school board, removing the influence of outside individuals on board decisions, enforcing an ethics policy or meeting other requirements for accreditation, Mark A. Elgart, the chief executive of the association, announced Thursday at a news conference.

Full Story
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Read the whole thing...
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Another example of piss poor leadership being put into place simply because of their ethnicity. There was show on HBO that dealt with this same thing. There was an all black school that was struggling to meet the academic standards. The Frederick Douglass High School, a historically black school dating from 1883, was once the school of choice for Baltimore’s middle-class African American families. Today, Douglass serves an inner-city community living in poverty, suffering from low student test scores, a shortage of qualified teachers and a 50% dropout rate. Too many students were quitting because the white administration didn’t understand the struggles of the inner city youth. A black principal was emplaced and the situation got much worse to the point that accreditation was in jeopardy.

School

Atlanta crew
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
RGR_Dan
Ranger

Typical

Post by RGR_Dan »

This is typical for Georgia.

It seems to me that corruption in Fulton County, Dekalb County and Clayton County is just the norm. From Bill Campbell, Sidney Dorsey, Vernon Jones to the Clayton School board. The list of criminals running those county's just continues to grow. The career progression seems to go like this:
College->job at the county level-->elected to commissoner or political office --> federal prison.

This is exactly why you see: Sandy Springs, Johns Creek and Dunwoody wanting to split away. The people are tired of the mismanagement and corruption.

Its interesting to note that Cobb, Cherokee and Gwinnett have different demographics and none of these issues.
95-98 Aco. 3/75 2nd plt Weapons Sqd
98-01Hco 121st LRS
Former LEO
Former Contractor
LEO (round 2)
LEROY
Ranger

Re: Typical

Post by LEROY »

RGR_Dan wrote:This is typical for Georgia.

It seems to me that corruption in Fulton County, Dekalb County and Clayton County is just the norm. From Bill Campbell, Sidney Dorsey, Vernon Jones to the Clayton School board. The list of criminals running those county's just continues to grow. The career progression seems to go like this:
College->job at the county level-->elected to commissoner or political office --> federal prison.

This is exactly why you see: Sandy Springs, Johns Creek and Dunwoody wanting to split away. The people are tired of the mismanagement and corruption.

Its interesting to note that Cobb, Cherokee and Gwinnett have different demographics and none of these issues.
I moved my daughter to Fayette County when she started school 3 years ago. Now, Clay Co. douchbags are gonna think they can just come to Fayette County Schools, not pay the taxes involved, and go to our schools.

BULL SHIT!
H Co 121st LRS 00-14
RS Class 07-09
ARNG-WTC Schools NCO
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

TC204 wrote:It's time for a little federal intervention. Bring in some fresh apples to run things.
If you think the Federal government will run anything more effeciently, then go to your local DMV. What will happen is the next political crony in line will get the chance. They will have little to no experience, and the only qualification is that they have towed the party line for a sufficient amount of time.

I work in the school system. The dumbest people I have ever met in my life are teaching your kids. It turns out that the easiest degree to get is a teaching degree. So the folks who are way at the bottom of the class go for that because they don't have to work real hard at it.

So you have a young teacher, not too bright, put into the school system, and then over the years that not too bright teacher learns their habits from older teachers who are also not too bright. Once they get tenure it is almost impossible to fire them unless they have done something heinous, and even then they will merely switch from one school district to another.

I could go on and on about what a bunch of oxygen thiefs they are, but lets just say I am really scared for this country in about 20 more years. You can see it happening now, with the Obama Nuremburg rallies on TV. It is only going to get worse.

Sometimes I feel like a heavily fortified island in this sea of ignorance. So why am I there? I figure that at least a few of us teachers who have a clue, might save one or two students.

Think of Abrams Charter, and put it into the education system.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85

Return to “The News Dump”