Introduction

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

scubask
Tadpole

Introduction

Post by scubask »

Hello Rangers, Veterans, Service Members, Family, and Supporters:

Thanks to all who have served honorably and those who have come before me to make this world a better place. Also thanks to those who have created this site and those who spend the time maintaining the site. I stumbled upon this website while Googling for news of my good friend (and a good Ranger too). Great website with lots of good resources!

I am a former Infantryman. I went to West Point and chose to be an Infantry officer. Went through the typical Infantry officer schools - OBC, Airborne, Ranger. However, Ranger was not meant to be after a couple recycles due to ill-fated patrols and eventually an injury. A humbling experience (and I needed it too) - I learned a lot about myself, recovered, and went to 3/2 ID at Ft. Lewis. Upon promotion to captain, went through SFAS and did OJT with 3/1 SFG(A). The dream of becoming SF team leader slipped away because of officer overstrength, so I went and joined my brothers in OIF. I have since moved on to other opportunities, but I attribute much of my current success to the life lessons learned in the military - from successes and failures to establishing that lifelong bond with the men to the left and right of me in the firefight or in the patrol base (and of course, the Creed...say it enough times before you eat, live it, and breathe it, and you never forget, right?). A great ride and I would do it all over again if I was younger and my body was not as broke.

My intent on this site is to keep up with news of my Ranger buddies who are currently still serving, and hopefully to help contribute to whatever topics I can help with.
USMA 1996-2000
3/2 ID 2001-2003, 2005
3/1 SFG(A) 2003-2004
OIF 2004
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome to the site Sir, and thank you for your servive to our great nation! 8)
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

RTO wrote:Welcome to the site Sir, and thank you for your servive to our great nation! 8)
I meant service, the 'v' is right next to the 'c' :oops:

But hey, I'm glad you 'survived' too! 8) :lol:
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Welcome!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

Welcome, Sir.

Thank you for your service to our great country.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Welcome
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Welcome.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Welcome. Thanks for your service.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome...
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

:roll Would you fuckers stop with the formal shit already. Service to this great nation...holy GRITS and beat me with a bat.

Sorry, Sir....fuckers get hyper patriotic sometimes and forget that the best welcome a man can get is...FUCK YOU. Please feel welcome here, some good Rangers hanging around.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
scubask
Tadpole

Post by scubask »

Rock Island Ranger wrote::roll Would you fuckers stop with the formal shit already. Service to this great nation...holy GRITS and beat me with a bat.

Sorry, Sir....fuckers get hyper patriotic sometimes and forget that the best welcome a man can get is...fuck YOU. Please feel welcome here, some good Rangers hanging around.
Awesome - that was the welcome I was hoping to get sooner or later. You all served; I don't expect any more thanks as you do.
USMA 1996-2000
3/2 ID 2001-2003, 2005
3/1 SFG(A) 2003-2004
OIF 2004
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

scubask wrote:
Rock Island Ranger wrote::roll Would you fuckers stop with the formal shit already. Service to this great nation...holy GRITS and beat me with a bat.

Sorry, Sir....fuckers get hyper patriotic sometimes and forget that the best welcome a man can get is...fuck YOU. Please feel welcome here, some good Rangers hanging around.
Awesome - that was the welcome I was hoping to get sooner or later. You all served; I don't expect any more thanks as you do.

Ya'll see?????Huh?????? Follow in the Pastors footsteps, he will guide you well. Pastor is right AGAIN!!!!!!

(Pastor walks off gagging at formalities, stupid pat sayings, and fucking fucked up nicey nicey shit....)

Oh, yea...good on ya, Sir. 8)
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Seriously, what the fuck is up with all this faggity assed shit posting in here? It's like a fucking contest to see who can be the biggest faggot first.

Ranger the fuck up, we ain't goddamned door men at Trump Plaza for fucks sake.

Welcome aboard Sir, don't be a pussy.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “Introduction Archive”