Memorial Day

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Spartan

Memorial Day

Post by Spartan »

I would like to hear from you DEPs and NEWTs why today is a holiday. What's it all about, in your own words?
Runner
Ranger

Post by Runner »

Today is a holiday because we need to remember those who died in service of our country.

Malarkey
A co 3/75 '07-'10
Ivory Gates
Tadpole

Post by Ivory Gates »

Ranger Spartan, Memorial Day is a holiday that honors all military personnel who gave their lives in service to our great nation and the ideals of liberty and justice that it upholds. Memorial Day also allows all American citizens the opportunity to reflect on the severity of the sacrifice made by our fallen soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines, as they gave all they had in defense of rights that they themselves will never again have the chance to enjoy. Those who have given their lives in service to our country knew that what they fought for was greater than themselves, and that to lose the freedoms our nation holds as sacred would be a greater loss than that of their own lives. Memorial day is for these great men and women, as without them America would not exist today.
Oreo
Tadpole

Post by Oreo »

Ranger Spartan, Memorial Day is a holiday because simply saying "thank you" to all the countless men and women who have sacrificed their lives and well being for this great nation is no where near enough.
628th MI Bn,28th ID(M): June 03-Jan05
Bco 447th Signal Bn Nov 06-Jan 08
A Co WTB(Ft. Gordon) Jan-April 08
"I don't fear failure. I only fear the slowing up of the engine inside of me which is saying, 'Keep going, someone must be on top, why not you?'"
-General George S. Patton
Bek375
Ranger

Post by Bek375 »

Ranger Spartan,

Today is a day to honor those who have given their lives to preserve our country.

It is also a day to think about how you can contribute to make the country better and to forget selfish desires that you might have. Today makes me feel more guilty that I am not yet alongside my fellow Americans who are in harms way.

Thank you to those who have served and are currently serving.
3/75 C Co 05
3/75 HHC SNP 05-08
Class 04-06
Vapor Brain
Tadpole

Post by Vapor Brain »

Ranger Spartan

Memorial day is a day to remeber all the men that fought hard and gave their lives so that we can still enjoy the freedoms we have today. Without them there is no telling what the world would be like.
Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Plato
Lotus Lips

Post by Lotus Lips »

Ranger Spartan.

Memorial day is a holiday because we wouldnt be the country we are without the sacrifice of all the men (nowadays women :roll:) who died for us in faraway lands, and sometimes on our own soil. They paid the ultimate sacrifice so that you, I, and every American can enjoy life as we know it today. People say that this isnt a real holiday, and its just another excuse for people to get off work. I'm sure to the families of those who lost their lives in service of this country, and to people like yourself who serve, and of course to people like me and the other newts who want to serve, it is more than that. It is a day to pay respects to those soldiers, past and present, who fought for us. Who lived after the fight, who died after their fight. It doesnt matter. Today is a day of rememberance. Let us never forget!

If we were at a table, now would be the time I would raise my longneck with a heartly *TO THE FALLEN SOLDIERS!*...but...ya so ill just raise my rootbeer and bow my head for a second.
Squigly
Soldier

Post by Squigly »

Ranger Spartan today is a day to remember those who have passed on fighting or who have fought for their and our freedoms.
Ray80
Infantryman

Post by Ray80 »

Ranger Spartan,

I was able to recieve two consecutive days off because of the Memorial Day observance. I can say, however, that Memorial Day means so much more to me than a rare day off.

There's not much I can do from my comfortable apartment to honor our fallen. I used it to read up on some patriots and leaders who gave thier lives for us and to who I owe my life to. It was not festive. It was solemn. If any of you have a day off today, enjoy it.

Best,

Ray
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Sincere thanks to all who responded thus far.

All 8 of you! :x
Apollo
Tadpole

Post by Apollo »

Ranger Spartan,
Memorial day is a day of rememberence for all our ancestors who stepped up to the plate when there were dark times. We take this day off from daily life (most of us, I had to work :-( ) so that we may reflect and understand why it is we are here today and who we have to thank for making our present existance a given. It is a day dedicated directly to our national heritage, past, present, and future.
I believe this day is about the people who have served our country and those who made the ultimate sacrafice for the preservation of this country. Veterans are what made this country from every war, from our earliest colonial struggles to the desert of Iraq. I believe that people should all thank a veteran for their service,this is one day to do so.
---Jon
Keep on keepin' on---Joe dirt

"Sometimes you need faith in a cause to believe in yourself."

Ranger DocDaigle is my mentor.
Shallow Grave
Ranger

Post by Shallow Grave »

Ranger Spartan,

To me, Memorial Day is a day to reflect on the lifestyle that I enjoy all year long as a citizen of the United States of America. This lifestyle is possible only because of the sacrifices made by the men and women of the United States Military. While enjoying my freedom, I try remember those who have made it possible.
C Co. 3/75 Ranger Regiment
Nov. 2005-present
Ranger School Class 04-08

Adapt and Overcome. Don't whine, just do it. Don't complain, just do it. Don't put on a suck face and want sympathy. Man the fuck up. - Ranger Disinfertention
Nathan
Tadpole

Post by Nathan »

Ranger Spartan, Memorial Day, which was originally called Decoration Day, is the day we remember the fallen soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice to sustain our freedom that many of us could not live without.
Andy
Embryo

Post by Andy »

Ranger Spartan. Memorial Day is a day to Memorialize those past and present who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country. Its a day to pay homage and tribute to those past conflicts that have ensured our freedom in this country.
EggMcMuffin
Tadpole

Post by EggMcMuffin »

Ranger Spartan, I think Memorial Day is to recognize and honor those who have served so we don't forget those who have died or sacrificed themselves to defend our way of life.
USAFA-CAP
SWR-TX-441

With my left hand and the internet, anyone's my girlfriend.

"We must remember that one man is much the same as another,
and he is best who is trained in the severest school." -Thucydidies

Return to “The Mosh Pit”