Prior Service Vet/OPT. 40 repost.

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Invictus
Ranger

Re: UPDATE

Post by Invictus »

181sniper wrote:Whereas I got very little response I called down to Fort Benning again today to find out about this stuff. So for those might have been wondering heres what I've found out so far.

You ARE permitted TDY for moving as your move would be considered TDY. But mind you, that is NOT leave so don't get the two confused. Move your shit and report.

NO you do not get precedence for duty station. You go where your MOS is needed most.

Ranger Lee was able to fill me in on what most 13Fs do within the Battalions, but if anyone else here could maybe offer anymore insight I would again, be greatly appreciative. Thanks Much.
Have you ever read "Message to Garcia"?
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

181sniper wrote:"He asks no questions, makes no objections, requests no help, but accomplishes the mission."

Roger I'm tracking.
:wink:

Then you're ahead of the power curve.
Silverback
Ranger

Re: UPDATE

Post by Silverback »

Invictus wrote:
181sniper wrote:Whereas I got very little response I called down to Fort Benning again today to find out about this stuff. So for those might have been wondering heres what I've found out so far.

You ARE permitted TDY for moving as your move would be considered TDY. But mind you, that is NOT leave so don't get the two confused. Move your shit and report.

NO you do not get precedence for duty station. You go where your MOS is needed most.

Ranger Lee was able to fill me in on what most 13Fs do within the Battalions, but if anyone else here could maybe offer anymore insight I would again, be greatly appreciative. Thanks Much.
That was COL Chinn's (K.K. not DOC Chinn) favorite book.

Have you ever read "Message to Garcia"?
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Congratulations on finding your own way to RIP 8)

You attitude seems good, keep that winning never quit attitude for the rest of your military career and your life will never be the same after you earn your scroll and beret. I can promise you that. I'm sure others will be along shortly to remind you not to do anything stupid like getting a DUI and reminding you to never, never quit.

p.s. make water and gatorade two of your new best friends the next few months.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Did you get the opportunity to communicate directly with any 13Fs from one of the Bns yet?
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

181sniper wrote:Just as a heads up to anyone who might be curious, I'm sitting in RIP hold right now waiting for my class to start at the end of July. We have leave which is nice but I think a lot of people might loose sight of what's ahead. I managed to convice my 1SG at my reclass that I needed to be a Ranger. Therefore he set me up with the Liasions and everything worked out from there. BAC was a blast and so was the AIT. My PT is where it needs to be right now (obviously could be a THOUSAND times bettter). Right now I'm just really motivated and ready to go. The heat doesn't help much but that's just another reason for me to get my Scroll and Beret and get the hell out of Benning. Thank you all much for the emails and suggestions you offered. It's all on me now.
Excellent news. Thanks for the update.
Let us know if/when you put that scroll on your shoulder...

Return to “About RASP”