This is to any Ranger who might issue an assignment.

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Lotus Lips

This is to any Ranger who might issue an assignment.

Post by Lotus Lips »

If any assignments are issued within the next few days, please excuse me for not having them in on time. Right now I am in the hospital at Tinker AFB, OKC. Last night was my HS Graduation (though I still have 8 more days) and some dumbass was drunk and hit my car when I was taking my girlfriend home. He ended up hitting me, then 2 other cars.

My Taurus is totalled :(:(:( According to the police report, I did all the right things.
**Note I dont remember most of this, its from witnesses**
His chevy malibu swerved to the right, sideswiping me. the force of hitting me sent him into oncoming traffic where he hit a dodge ram on the left rear bumper, sending him back into me. The ram was sent into the lane next to him which took out a small impala. I apparently pulled the driver/passenger (one witness helped me with the passenger...big fella) out of the malibu (it was on fire) gave cpr to the driver, called 911, and helped keep the woman in the impala calm (her door was crushed and she was barely concious) until the police and ambulances arrived. After that I gave them my statement (far less imformative than this..all I remembered was seeing him coming at me then getting out of my car, flashes of this and that) and went home.
Long story short, I have 3 broken ribs, my left arm is cracked in 2 places, and ive got a massive migrane, looking at these little words arent helping. They wont release me for a day or so, to keep an eye on me is what one doc said. then I have to relax for a few more days. So please excuse any assignments that are due any time soon.

**PS I realized, that doesnt make much sense, me being at the hospital and online. It's my dads laptop that I asked him to bring up here, we plugged it up and now im here, but hes taking it home in a few minutes**
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

I wish you well and a speedy recovery. Do not worry about shit here. Focus on your recovery.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: This is to any Ranger who might issue an assignment.

Post by Steadfast »

Lotus Lips wrote:If any assignments are issued within the next few days, please excuse me for not having them in on time. Right now I am in the hospital at Tinker AFB, OKC. Last night was my HS Graduation (though I still have 8 more days) and some dumbass was drunk and hit my car when I was taking my girlfriend home. He ended up hitting me, then 2 other cars.

My Taurus is totalled :(:(:( According to the police report, I did all the right things.
**Note I dont remember most of this, its from witnesses**
His chevy malibu swerved to the right, sideswiping me. the force of hitting me sent him into oncoming traffic where he hit a dodge ram on the left rear bumper, sending him back into me. The ram was sent into the lane next to him which took out a small impala. I apparently pulled the driver/passenger (one witness helped me with the passenger...big fella) out of the malibu (it was on fire) gave cpr to the driver, called 911, and helped keep the woman in the impala calm (her door was crushed and she was barely concious) until the police and ambulances arrived. After that I gave them my statement (far less imformative than this..all I remembered was seeing him coming at me then getting out of my car, flashes of this and that) and went home.
Long story short, I have 3 broken ribs, my left arm is cracked in 2 places, and ive got a massive migrane, looking at these little words arent helping. They wont release me for a day or so, to keep an eye on me is what one doc said. then I have to relax for a few more days. So please excuse any assignments that are due any time soon.

**PS I realized, that doesnt make much sense, me being at the hospital and online. It's my dads laptop that I asked him to bring up here, we plugged it up and now im here, but hes taking it home in a few minutes**
Dang, and I was gonna have you drop and give me 2 thousand PU's. Now I gotta wait until you heal. No problemo. I may just give you a reprieve for helping others.

As Ranger Desert Sloth would tell ya "lips" young jedi, ya did good. Send me your address and I will mail ya a Matchbox Taurus. I can't buy you a real car until I win 250 million in the lottery. Ya gonna have to wait tho. I haven't played the lottery recently. Thats okay tho, I know you are gonna heal. Just think, God was with you, he made sure no one in your car was killed. Sing Alleuhllia, Praise be to God.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Lotus Lips

Post by Lotus Lips »

*managed to get on real quick, dads getting ready to leave and take this. Thank you all for your best wishes.
Ranger Steadfast, as soon as im out of this damned place ill give ya the two thousand. Might take me a while with this arm and all. But ill get better soon. Something tells me this might stunt my enlistment a few weeks (finally talked dad into letting me enlist in a month when were moved in down in Fla. Sigh) Also, dont worry about the matchbox ;) Dad says the insurance should cover the cost of a new taurus. I refuse to drive anything else, since I technically walked away from an accident that shoulda taken move lives.
God was with me last night, and I can certainly see I did something to get the Big Man on my side, just not sure what.
Anyways, thanks again for the best wishes, the doc is here to give me some more of that kickapoo juice, as I call it, the morphine like stuff. Hope to see you in a few days.
~Jeff
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Lotus Lips wrote:*managed to get on real quick, dads getting ready to leave and take this. Thank you all for your best wishes.
Ranger Steadfast, as soon as im out of this damned place ill give ya the two thousand. Might take me a while with this arm and all. But ill get better soon. Something tells me this might stunt my enlistment a few weeks (finally talked dad into letting me enlist in a month when were moved in down in Fla. Sigh) Also, dont worry about the matchbox ;) Dad says the insurance should cover the cost of a new taurus. I refuse to drive anything else, since I technically walked away from an accident that shoulda taken move lives.
God was with me last night, and I can certainly see I did something to get the Big Man on my side, just not sure what.
Anyways, thanks again for the best wishes, the doc is here to give me some more of that kickapoo juice, as I call it, the morphine like stuff. Hope to see you in a few days.
~Jeff
Oh, well that kickapoo juice is really called kickapoo joy juice. That is what the characters in the Lil' Abner comic strip of old called their moonshine. :wink:

Note: I got an old monitor which happens to be covered with matchbox and assorted other collector cars. I even got 1 each cars for each branch of the service done up like race cars. One of these days I will photograph them and post them but not on here. I am glad to hear your insurance will pay for a new Taurus. BTW, how is your girlfriend? Hope she's okay.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

GET WELL SOON. A "friend" of mine was driving drunk and lost control and all. The driver (MJ) ended up getting a concusion and a broken nose. The passanger (Andy) has a brocken back and has 2 screws in his arm. And a DEP at my recrutiing station is on life support from a car accident. Be carefull DEP's, dont make stupid decisions, and if you get hit by a drunk driver act just like Lotus Lips, damn fine job.
Shallow Grave
Ranger

Post by Shallow Grave »

Get Well Soon!
C Co. 3/75 Ranger Regiment
Nov. 2005-present
Ranger School Class 04-08

Adapt and Overcome. Don't whine, just do it. Don't complain, just do it. Don't put on a suck face and want sympathy. Man the fuck up. - Ranger Disinfertention
Ranger Hopps
Ranger

Post by Ranger Hopps »

Way to do the right thing man 8) , and get well soon.

Hopps
1/75 Feb. '05-Jul '08

RS class 04-07

Ranger Saltbitch wrote: "...you will face fear and pain. Do not stop, do not listen; it will only give you excuses to quit."
Apollo
Tadpole

Post by Apollo »

Hey,
Get well soon, you did right that day.
---Jon
Keep on keepin' on---Joe dirt

"Sometimes you need faith in a cause to believe in yourself."

Ranger DocDaigle is my mentor.
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Get well and rest up. Everything else can wait.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
rangercamaro
Ranger

Post by rangercamaro »

Lips and Dad,

Thanks for the info and updates. Take it easy and heal up. I know from experience that most Rangers were pushing recovery too fast and are now paying the price. You only have 1 body take care of it!!!
Bco 1/75 2nd plt Wpn Sqd 89-93
HHC 1/75 Bn Armorer 93-94 (after cookoff)
rangercamaro
Ranger

Post by rangercamaro »

sorry double tapped..... habit i guess!!
Bco 1/75 2nd plt Wpn Sqd 89-93
HHC 1/75 Bn Armorer 93-94 (after cookoff)

Return to “The Mosh Pit”