DEP Question

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Silverback
Ranger

DEP Question

Post by Silverback »

It has come to my attention that some f you youngster may have access to Army Knowledge Online.
True or False?
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Ranger Hopps
Ranger

Post by Ranger Hopps »

True Ranger Gronk, i do!

Hopps
1/75 Feb. '05-Jul '08

RS class 04-07

Ranger Saltbitch wrote: "...you will face fear and pain. Do not stop, do not listen; it will only give you excuses to quit."
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

All DEPs who have AKO need to sound off
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

that should be all of you. Your recruiters have to sign you up for AKO.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Well another suprise, my recruiter didnt tell me I will ask him, if he signed me up.
Brat Attack
Ranger

Post by Brat Attack »

I've never heard of it. I'll be giving my recruiter a call.
C Co. Hardrock 1/75
And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. We shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
MPC
Tadpole

Post by MPC »

I got it, my recruiter didn't tell me about it but I was able to figure it out on my own.
"And then I heard the Lord say, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?' And then said I, here am I, send me." Isaiah 6:8
DarrenF
Tadpole

Post by DarrenF »

I have access Ranger Rangergronk.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

OK First thing. Everyone that sounds after I post this needs to execute 50 pushups!

AKO is essential to your Army Career now! Every personnel action and all your records are accessible from AKO.

I want everyone who has AKO to log on. Look AKO services, locate and select "My education". Now select "Army E-learning". Now do some research and find out how you sign up for a course (any course). I am not sure sure if it is available to DEPs but we'll soon find out. Sign up for a course and report back to me with your status!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
DarrenF
Tadpole

Ranger Rangergronk

Post by DarrenF »

Trying to register for MySmartForce user name and password resulted in an error:

ATRRS MySmartForce Training Application

To access this web site you must first be authenticated as an authorized user. Authorized users are: Department of the Army Active Duty, Army National Guard, Army Reserves, Department of the Army Civilian employees, USMA and ROTC cadets, and Department of the Army Local National employees. Examples of users that are NOT AUTHORIZED MySmartForce access are contractors, retired personnel, and dependents. If you believe you are eligible, then click the button below to continue the registration process.

I don't believe I will be able to complete the task until my AKO account is updated reflecting that I am Active Duty. I will contact my recruiter to gather more information. Sorry for the delayed response.
Neutron
Tadpole

Post by Neutron »

RangerGronk,

I have AKO : levi.newton@us.army.mil (in case anybody wants it).

I've already signed up and taken classes, I've taken Individual Combat Techniques 1 & 2, the first Land Nav course, and an Enemy Armor Identification class. All were passed with a 90% or better. I haven't signed up for a class in awhile, I've been competing in a nev-cali boxing league lately (just got back from a 2 day tourny in Redding CA actually, I won my weight class) and just been pretty busy with school (thesis paper, senior project) and trying to stay up on my Army stuff.

I'll take more before I leave though. I'll do 75 pu's now.
"Just know who you ARE and drive the fuck on!" - Ranger Steadfast

Life is nothing more than a ladder, climb it better, higher, faster.

Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Never quit, and permanently destroy the little part of your mind that says...."I can't." - Ranger BadMuther
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

neutron good job. I am kind of interested how you knew about this opportunity and the other DEPs didn't. Seems like Hit_it needs to start schooling some of these rcruiters.

DEPs every course you take is worth promotion points. Think about it...You are not even in the Army yet and you can start working toward a quick promotion to SGT. What a good life you lead! NOW GET TO WORK!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Oreo
Tadpole

Post by Oreo »

Where do you go to enroll in classes? I cant find where you do that, all I can do is look through the catalog
628th MI Bn,28th ID(M): June 03-Jan05
Bco 447th Signal Bn Nov 06-Jan 08
A Co WTB(Ft. Gordon) Jan-April 08
"I don't fear failure. I only fear the slowing up of the engine inside of me which is saying, 'Keep going, someone must be on top, why not you?'"
-General George S. Patton

Return to “The Mosh Pit”