Introduction.

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

noluckpete
Infantryman

Introduction.

Post by noluckpete »

Hello Rangers,

First of all thank everybody for spending their limited time to help newts like me, deps, and all other people. I have been simply reading information from this site for a long time and am amazed by how much you put up with and continue to help people like me.

I am currently 19, done with high school and a year of college. Im not going to lie and say I wanted to be a ranger starting at age 5, but I have always wanted to serve in the Army. What I first read/saw about Rangers I honestly did not think it was for me. After actually researching real information about who and what Rangers do my mind quickly changed and I decided I wanted to be a Ranger.

My process of joining right now is at the stage of setting up a date to go to MEPS, taking the ADSAVB, and reserving my Ranger contract. I plan on shipping out mid-late August, so my time in DEP will be short but luckily I have been staying in shape.

I probably will spend most of my time reading more of the vast amount of information on this website because I know Im not the first to do this, but I'll probably have a few questions on the way and maybe help other newts and deps with problems that I have gone threw.

Thank you again for taking your time to read this long post, helping me and others like me, and your service to this country.
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: Introduction.

Post by Earthpig »

noluckpete wrote:What I first read/saw about Rangers I honestly did not think it was for me. After actually researching real information about who and what Rangers do my mind quickly changed and I decided I wanted to be a Ranger.
You must've read about the Saturday night Hog Hunts! :lol:
Welcome. Nice intro. There is a lot of useful info here. I hope it serves you well. Good luck with your final decision.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and thank you for your desire to become an Army Ranger. How about administering yourself a PT test to include chin-ups and posting your results?
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

noluckpete

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome to this site.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
noluckpete
Infantryman

Post by noluckpete »

Ranger Bill,

I cannot conduct a PT test right now for it is too late, but I will tomarrow after work and post the numbers, but for my rough estimate(I keep track of my PT score as best as I can).

pushups-40(I know working hardest in this area)
situps-71
2mile run-13:35(have not tested this in a while because i have been working on 4-5miles runs to try and get my longer runs to under an 8min. pace)
pullups-10

During the summer I had been working out everyday untill recently because of a cold. Im starting training again soon and hopefully harder than before with the advice and information from the honorable Rangers on this site.

BTW, sorry for not having an avatar, I did not save my profile after picking it, thank you Ranger Supersenior for the notification and advice
LeoM
Ranger

Post by LeoM »

noluckpete wrote:Ranger Bill,

I cannot conduct a PT test right now for it is too late, but I will tomarrow after work and post the numbers, but for my rough estimate(I keep track of my PT score as best as I can).

pushups-40(I know working hardest in this area)
situps-71
2mile run-13:35(have not tested this in a while because i have been working on 4-5miles runs to try and get my longer runs to under an 8min. pace)
pullups-10

During the summer I had been working out everyday untill recently because of a cold. Im starting training again soon and hopefully harder than before with the advice and information from the honorable Rangers on this site.

BTW, sorry for not having an avatar, I did not save my profile after picking it, thank you Ranger Supersenior for the notification and advice
Here is some advice-Pay attention to detail
A co 3/75 2nd plt '94-'97
RS 10-95
noluckpete
Infantryman

Post by noluckpete »

Sorry Ranger LeoM, I did not pay attention. Knocking out 20, and fixing my dumb ass.
Rico
Ranger

Post by Rico »

Welcome, please comply with Ranger Bill's instructions and make that your next post. Before we offer you any advice, we need to see where you are at physically.
WEBCO 2/75 1997 - 1998
HHC 2/75 Mortars 1998 - 2005
Ranger Class 7-99

Mentor to alex03209

I have brought you to the ring, dance if you can...

-William Wallace
noluckpete
Infantryman

Post by noluckpete »

As of July 12, 2007:

(I did the events in this order with a small break between each event.)

situp:70
pushup:45
pullup:10 (pullup not chinup, because to my knowledge only pullups are accepted)
2-mile run:13:47

My next step is to apply the advice in the PT section and focus more on my pushups and 2 mile run, not just long distances.
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Welcome.

Good luck. :lol:
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

noluckpete wrote:As of July 12, 2007:

pullup:10 (pullup not chinup, because to my knowledge only pullups are accepted)

My next step is to apply the advice in the PT section and focus more on my push ups and 2 mile run, not just long distances.
You are authorized a 20 minute break between each event in accordance with FM 21-20. Your sit up, run and pull up scores aren't too bad, but you really need to work on your push ups. Another DEP has come up with a workout chart that you might want to look into, here's the post for it.

viewtopic.php?t=35711

Don't stop working on the other areas of you fitness while you try to improve your push ups, it will only make those events worse.

Welcome to the site, and I would advise you to administer yourself a PT test every other week and post your scores.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Rico
Ranger

Post by Rico »

noluckpete wrote:As of July 12, 2007:

My next step is to apply the advice in the PT section and focus more on my pushups and 2 mile run, not just long distances.
Not bad, Rangerguru already pointed out the need for improvement in the PU area. But, next time you administer an APFT, do it in this order:

PU --> SU --> RUN--> Pull-ups (palms facing you is the proper way)
WEBCO 2/75 1997 - 1998
HHC 2/75 Mortars 1998 - 2005
Ranger Class 7-99

Mentor to alex03209

I have brought you to the ring, dance if you can...

-William Wallace
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome to the site and THANK YOU for your desire to serve our great nation as an Army Ranger.
noluckpete
Infantryman

Post by noluckpete »

Rangers,

I can happily report in that I have obtained an US Army Airborne Ranger contract for 11X. I will be shipping out in 16 days, on 20070816. This does not leave much time for the much needed PT but I will make the most of it, hopefully quitting my job will give me the extra time I need.

All I know is that they are going to have to drag me out of there because I am not leaving on my own free will.

Return to “Introduction Archive”