Fitness Devices

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Blackheart
Embryo

Fitness Devices

Post by Blackheart »

Rangers, I purchased a pair of Push up bars and also a pull up bar with brackets from ebay. Any of you use push up bars? Any advantages/disadvantages to using it? Also I bought the pull up bar because I'm not too close to a gym, but I'm not exactly sure about the right place to set it up. I'm about 6'0 so I have a little trouble being able to fully extend my arms on a chin up because of the doorway. Perhaps I should cross my legs indian style to account for this?

Any and all tips are appreciated, Thanks in advance Rangers.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

What Cliv said for push-ups and running and throw in sets of sit-ups in between your push-up sets. As for pull-ups on your doorway bar, do not cross your legs indian style. Simply bend your knees. Better yet, try doing pull-ups with your knees pulled up to your chest - a killer pull-up that will also build your abs and hip flexors. Oh, and chin-ups are with the palms facing you, underhand style as done in the Army. Pull-ups are with your palms facing away from you, overhand style. For most everybody, pull-ups are a lot harder.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
ChipOnShoulder

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

Get an Alice pack and Jungle Boots.

Depending on where you live, try to buy or borrow a bare bones stock AR15 and go to the range at least once a week. Pushups, situps, pullups, running, rucking and shooting. Try to get a hold of a 9mm pistol and practice with that on Sundays as well. If I had to do it all over again, that is what I would do.

The rucking is to get your feet and all of the little shitty "mysterious" muscles in shape so you don't have to do it the hard way later on like so many others do. The AR and pistol is so you can smoke those portions and not have to sweat it out like so many others do.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA

Return to “About Army Physical Training”