Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

IronSights
Embryo

Introduction

Post by IronSights »

Hello,
I will make every attempt at keeping this as short as possible. My name is Stephen and I’m a 20 year old junior in college. I’ve been visiting this website as routinely as possible for the past few months now and decided that, once I gathered enough information and enlisted, I would join. That being said I swore in to the College First program yesterday and ship out on 27 April 2006.

For the last 10+ years of my life I wanted to join the Navy in the hopes of becoming a surface warfare officer. I spent 2 years in the NROTC unit of my university and learned everything I could about the Navy. I do not consider this “experienceâ€
"History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid."
deleon275
Ranger

Post by deleon275 »

Welcome to the site.

My word of advice: Dont carry a chip on your shoulder having younger guys smoking you and telling you what to do every single day. Its something that really erks a lot of college guys who come to bat. They're used to being independant and then all of a sudden someone 5 years younger than them is smoking their balls. Dont take it personally and drive on!
"When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I’m pretty happy." John Boehner

''If we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.''
IronSights
Embryo

Post by IronSights »

Ranger Deleon275: Thank you for the welcome. In fact, in one short day I have already experienced small amounts of what you just mentioned. Mainly by ROTC midshipmen in my former unit. They are friends, of course, but at any rate I expected as much. I just take it in stride and keep my mouth shut. If a man can't take hostile words thrown their way I would assume they probably won't be able to handle hot lead from an enemy force and maybe should consider an alternate career. The warning is appreciated!
Swoff
Tadpole

Post by Swoff »

Welcome
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Welcome Ironman-

Sounds like you have a pretty good plan.

Hope we can help you with your decisions.

RLTW
RSD 96-99
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome, Two years huh? someone, you or me got a sentence outta this. :lol: Sounds like it might be smokin' sentence for you.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Welcome.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Shallow Grave
Ranger

Post by Shallow Grave »

C Co. 3/75 Ranger Regiment
Nov. 2005-present
Ranger School Class 04-08

Adapt and Overcome. Don't whine, just do it. Don't complain, just do it. Don't put on a suck face and want sympathy. Man the fuck up. - Ranger Disinfertention
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Get a avatar from the NEWTS section. and oh welcome..
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Welcome and good luck!
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
IronSights
Embryo

Post by IronSights »

Ranger V-Rod, Ranger Steadfast, Ranger Luna, and Ranger h8train1/75: Thank you for the welcome and the support. (As well as the smokin' sentence Ranger Steadfast!)

To Swoff, Deep End, and Blacksrt4 thanks for the welcome and the links to the reading. I actually had them read a while ago. About the Avatar selection, the College First program is DEP. In fact I am a DEP with an MOS of 09B until I select my MOS one year from now as I previously stated. The College First program is an extended DEP contract that gives you two years of college as a DEP and then you ship out after 24 months. In fact I've been looking for a way to get my status changed to simply "DEP" or something like "DEP/College First." I was told by MEPS that the College First program was a regional test platform as of now and isn't widely available or publicized. If I missed an obvious solution to this problem I'd gladly smoke the shit out of myself. For now, though I will change my avatar as I am classified in the system as "newt." Thanks for the correction. Hmmmm...I'm a sucker for for blondes. Here we go.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Welcome.

Good luck playing in the mind field.
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

Welcome.

I sure wish a site like this was available 20+ years ago when I enlisted. I've spent the better part of a week keeping my head down, and reading through all the posts. There is a tremendous amount of valuable information here, and a healthy regimen of proper military bearing and willing mentors.

It sounds like you have a good plan, and I wish you success in school, and with your future military service.
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Ironsights-
Welcome to the site and good luck with your journey.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.

Return to “Introduction Archive”