color deficiency

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Looon
Ranger

Re: color deficiency

Post by Looon »

Travis232000 wrote:During my first trip to MEPS I failed the color vision test. This disqualified me from getting an option 40 contract and any of the MOS's that I had been considering. That being said, I've decided to enlist with a MOS of 31C. My question is this: Is there any possibility that I may still get into the RIP after AIT as a 31C? Thanks for your time.
Do you plan on getting color blindness corrective surgery by then? Do you get my point?
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

We need a drooling Emoticon. The got one on Yahoo IM. It looks like a retard smiley face. :lol:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

you are disqualified from attending Airborne school if you are color blind.

i have seen people pass the Airborne physical while in the Army and go, even though they were color blind.

MEPS will not give you Airborne under any circumstances because of your situation.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Vapor Brain wrote:Rangers, I shall submit an icon I believe is fit to be called our "tard" icon. Image
Unless you have failed to notice Vapor Brain, none of the posted icons we have at our disposal are meant to insult people. Our icon/emotions selection is just fine for our purposes.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Vapor Brain
Tadpole

Post by Vapor Brain »

Roger that Ranger Steadfast, I will edit my post now.
Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Plato
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

hit_it wrote:you are disqualified from attending Airborne school if you are color blind.
I guess you'd have to memorize the positions of the green light and the red light in order to function correctly. Anything else that is critical - differentiating between the various features whizzing by on the ground?
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Maybe Ranger Spartan if the air-craft is flying inverted will the color-blinded person know which way is up and which way is down?
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Steadfast wrote:Maybe Ranger Spartan if the air-craft is flying inverted will the color-blinded person know which way is up and which way is down?
Nah, that's what gravity is for. Hopefully he can grab a clue from the laws of physics.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

i am inclined to think Ranger Sobersides is correct.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

we as recruiters can't sign anyone up for an MOS. only guidance counselors can. i would like to know what you're recruiter is really doing for you. sounds suspect to me.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg

Return to “Recruitment Process”