Intro.

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

ottpro421

Intro.

Post by ottpro421 »

Hello, My name's Matt. I am from Providence, Rhode Island. I Recently graduated from college, and will be attending WOFT in August. Just came to this site to learn more about the Rangers, as I have the utmost respect for what you do and have accomplished as soldiers. If the opportunity is ever available to try and become a Ranger during my time in the Army, I will take advantage of it.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Welcome, what is WOFT?
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Welcome.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
ottpro421

Post by ottpro421 »

Ranger Bad Muther, WOFT is warrant officer flight training. I am not prior-service, so I came in through the civilian to flight school option, though I hear that will be cut soon.
Vapor Brain
Tadpole

Post by Vapor Brain »

welcome.
Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Plato
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

cut soon?

I haven't heard that yet.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Here are the FAQ's. Do not just skim it READ it. Oh and welcome...
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

As you have been selected for that training, I trust you have your head screwed on right and will be be cut from the ArmyRanger.com genepool as quickly as some of the new members were yesterday.

It was a bloodbath. :twisted:
Ranger Hopps
Ranger

Re: Intro.

Post by Ranger Hopps »

ottpro421 wrote:Hello, My name's Matt. I am from Providence, Rhode Island. I Recently graduated from college, and will be attending WOFT in August. Just came to this site to learn more about the Rangers, as I have the utmost respect for what you do and have accomplished as soldiers. If the opportunity is ever available to try and become a Ranger during my time in the Army, I will take advantage of it.

Congradulations on the ability to go to WOFT from a civilian. My bro was going to do WOFT through the airforce, he was a principal nominee to attend the airforce academy. During one of his physicals a doctor ran an extra test that he didn't need to run, and found a problem with his heart that wont effect him intil he is over 60! well they wouldn't let him go to the airforce academy to be a pilot, so he didn't join because that is what he wanted to do for years. He had a hard road ahead of him and when he saw the finish line, he was disqualifie (metaphorically speaking [hope i spelled that right]) Once again congrats, and good job at keeping the good grades! I hope to see you in the sky some day :)

Hopps
1/75 Feb. '05-Jul '08

RS class 04-07

Ranger Saltbitch wrote: "...you will face fear and pain. Do not stop, do not listen; it will only give you excuses to quit."
ottpro421

Post by ottpro421 »

Thank's Hopps. Good luck to you with your training as well.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Spartan wrote:As you have been selected for that training, I trust you have your head screwed on right
Apparently, he does not. :?

Do you there, ottopro?
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

ottpro421 wrote:Ranger Bad Muther, WOFT is warrant officer flight training. I am not prior-service, so I came in through the civilian to flight school option, though I hear that will be cut soon.

you will never become a Ranger doing that. You might get to take us too battle though.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99

Return to “Introduction Archive”