Minor rant

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Runner
Ranger

Post by Runner »

I've noticed the same thing. I live in a college town (protesters...) and all these classmates of mine think they have all the answers about how wrong the war is and why we shouldn't be there. But when I bring up the fact that without our soldiers and army, they wouldn't have the freedom to complain about it, they're always quick to change the subject. Huh. Imagine that. :roll:
A co 3/75 '07-'10
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Well, the problem is that not enough of our civilian countrymen have died yet due to terrorist attacks. And, those who were killed are all on the East Coast. Being that those on the West Coast were relatively unscathed, they are free to run their pieholes without experiencing the effects that those on the East have.
lexlawgirl
Embryo

Post by lexlawgirl »

Well, living in small-town mid-America, I may have a skewed slant on things, but my part of the country is very pro-military and in favor of the war.

I think that the media, with certain notable exceptions, has an anti-military slant and, considering how much control the media has over disseminating information/broadcasting opinions, the anti-military slant is disproportionately represented.

I'm not disputing your primary point- there /are/ a lot of folks who purport to be anti-military. I think its another symptom of how "self-focused" American society seems to be becoming...I'm not sure that I'm expressing it very well but, in general, it seems to me that people are much more about "MY sports car and MY job and MY kid's pre-pre-pre-school application advisor" and less "family, community and nation" focused. I think that's rather sad. To me, the sense of community, and our ability to blend so many diverse ideas and cultures is the niftiest thing about America...regardless of that unfortunate tendency, I still think that the country as a whole is pro...or at least it is in my little corner.
Ranger
Ranger/Admin

Post by Ranger »

Malarkey87 wrote:Und wenn er kommt hab' keine Angst
Jedes Ende ist ein Neuanfang
Um zu sterben leben wir ein Leben lang
Alles ist eins und gehört zusamm'
This is an english language forum. Fix it.
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

I think that another Kent State incident is in order. :twisted:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Runner
Ranger

Post by Runner »

h8train1/75 wrote:I think that another Kent State incident is in order. :twisted:
Holy crap, that's where I'm from. No, another Kent State incident would NOT be cool. :lol:

P.S. Ranger, fixed the sig line, sorry about that.
A co 3/75 '07-'10
pjd
Ranger

Post by pjd »

American society has three main priorities: Comfort, Convenience, and Appearance. Anything that works in contrast to those three priorities will be rejected by the the most vocal persons - even if it's in the best interest of the country. Add that to the "trendiness" of anti-war America in the later half of the 20th century, and the American tradition of protest-for-the-sake-of-protesting, and you've got the scumbags that make the evening news, dressing up like suicide bombers at local "rallies."

Since 9/11, many people understand the need for military action. In fact, I belive the silent majority feel this way. Bottom line is we could be invaded by aliens a-la the movie Independence Day, blowing up every thing in sight, and you would still see jackasses dressing up like space-men and holding signs that say "Give Intergalatic Peace a Chance."
A 1/75 Rgr Regt 96-97
1/503 Inf Regt (AASLT) 97-98
Broke Dick @ WAMC 98-99
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

I still hope that it is the " Squeaky wheel gets the most grease " type thing you get a lot of these asshole running their suck, but they are not a majority, the news would dearly love you to believe that, but I just don’t think its the case.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

I would love to see some scumbag dressed up as a suicide bomber at a rally here....I would kick the shit out of him.

I tell you what, last night my woman told me the story about one of her coworkers kids, who is 4 and is going to die. Between that and reading a story on here about one of our brothers, I got very emotional.

We are at war. Folks die and get injured. Even in peacetime. A number of the Rangers on this board have permanent injuries that will give them pain for the rest of their lives.

Someone has to go when the country calls. Patriotic folks like all the Veterans on this board understand that. For whatever reason, (I think it's cowardice) the protestors and the hollyweird actors just don't get it.

They are fat and fucking comfortable, and from the safety of their little pathetic lives, they feel a need to bash veterans and bash our country. It makes me want to puke.

What these scumbags don't realize is, the ONLY reason why they are able to run their fucking sucks is because of veterans.

Man am I fucking pissed!!!

But you know what? that's me and a lot of others on this board. I'm extremely patriotic-I always have been. I get emotional at certain patriotic songs...the last part of "Band of Brothers" where they interview the veterans (who have given so much) makes me cry like a girl. I love this country and what it stands for. And I realize that I have patriots and veterans to thank for that.

I could not imagine going through life without having served in the military.....could you?

So fuck all them fucking sheeple.

Thus endeth the sermon. :twisted:
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

So, what if you did kick the shit out him, rip his phony road-flare bomb off his chest and push his face hard against the asphalt. Then when the cops come, say "I caught him - he was going to blow himself up in the middle of this demonstration". :twisted:

Now that would be FUNNY! And the thing is, you'd probably get away with it and the guy with the fake bomb would get his ass ripped in the media. That would be akin to saying "Gun" or "Bomb" in an airport these days.
Ranger Hopps
Ranger

Post by Ranger Hopps »

The reactions after 9/11 were strong and many wanted to go over to towelhead land and fight. It was ok to fight then because it affected us personally. The people here in the USA have forgotten what it is like to have our freedom envaded! I don't want to say it..... i'm feeling alot of hatred because i have gotten the same reactions........ They need another wake up call! :cry: Unfortunatly.

Hopps

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!
1/75 Feb. '05-Jul '08

RS class 04-07

Ranger Saltbitch wrote: "...you will face fear and pain. Do not stop, do not listen; it will only give you excuses to quit."
Runner
Ranger

Post by Runner »

Spartan wrote:Then when the cops come, say "I caught him - he was going to blow himself up in the middle of this demonstration"
Hahahah! Thats fricken hilarious. :lol: :lol:

Funny thing is, Ranger Spartans right, you probably could get away with it. :twisted:
A co 3/75 '07-'10
Apollo
Tadpole

Re: Minor rant

Post by Apollo »

devilrat35 wrote:I'm just wondering, what's wrong in this country that has spawned so many of these shitbags?
I live in liberal suburbia. I haven't heard the typical arguement of that we kill women and children. I have, though, encountered anti-military people. I don't like them. I think they should be kicked out of our country for putting down the people that protect them. There was this group of kids that were very anti-military. One of the group went and called two Army recruiters baby-killers. I later walked up to him and he kinda shifted nervously and said that "I was just playing around dude..." Another guy in the group was putting up posters which basically pissed on the army and called for all the deaths of the Soldiers in Iraq. I was furious. I confronted the kid and was met with the "I'm a pacifist" crap. I mentally ripped him apart until he finally says " I have alot of respect for Veterans, my mom works at the VA hospital" he admited he wanted attention and changed his position.
All these kids want attention. Mommy and Daddy didn't play catch with them or they were socially inept. They look for any kind of attention, Positive and Negative. I hate these people. They are wasting my O2. What they need is a boot in the ass...
Just my humble opinion.
---Jon
Keep on keepin' on---Joe dirt

"Sometimes you need faith in a cause to believe in yourself."

Ranger DocDaigle is my mentor.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”