Rangers training with other forces

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Adam17
Embryo

Rangers training with other forces

Post by Adam17 »

Given that Rangers have a lot more resources at their disposal than other army infantry units, what kind of unit training do the Rangers get? For example do the Rangers work with Marines, British or any other international units on occasion? My last question pertains to Iraq. I know that Rangers are apart of the SOF community, but there isn't much in the news about them. CNN usually talks about green berets, seals or other SF units in Afghanistan or any other hot spot, but other than taking an airport in Afghanistan I haven't heard anything about the Rangers. Is this just military secrecy or are the Rangers not being deployed as much recently?
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Military secrecy. Seals have always been too publisized, in my oppinion.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

RGR Luna wrote:Military secrecy. Seals have always been too publisized, in my oppinion.
Ditto.

As for non-Iraq non-opsec info, I was around Canadians, a squad in my platoon trained with the Brits, and our company trained with the French Foreign Legion.........
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

As to what they're up to - it really is none of your business. You don't have a 'need to know'.

Stay focused on your lane, which is preparing for OSUT.

As to training with other units. Yes, this is a regular occurance and what unit they train with depends on what is on the training/deployment schedule. Name a country in the world and Rangers have probably trained with their forces at one point in time through history.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

If I remember correctly :roll: , I believe we were in Panama for 3 days before the outside world officially new we were there. The public doesn't need to know. It is nobody's bidness. If people know, that puts Rangers in even more harms way.

For example, when the Marines made the beach insertion into Samalia, they landed to a media circus. The fucking reporters were waiting for them with spotlights and cameras. I wish the CO of the operation would have had the Marines open fire on the media. Those lights and cameras could have gotten those boys killed. If they had wanted to be seen, they would have arrived during the daylight hours. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Adam17
Embryo

Post by Adam17 »

For the Rangers that have trained with the French Foreign Legion, what are your opinions? The FFL doesn't seem what it used to be, and since the major decline in French Colonies, they have been doing a lot of peacekeeping missions.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Someone asked this before...socnet I believe....They were very strange...poor guys had equipment from the 1950's and damn near everyone spoke a different fucking language....
Adam17
Embryo

Post by Adam17 »

Were they strange because of all different cultures and languages bunched together?
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Adam17 wrote:Were they strange because of all different cultures and languages bunched together?
strange like Gay............
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

hahahahaha :lol:
Adam17
Embryo

Post by Adam17 »

BadMuther wrote:
Adam17 wrote:Were they strange because of all different cultures and languages bunched together?
strange like Gay............
Well sh!t... didn't expect that

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”